We recently have been able to obtain some pictures from around our town. Picture taking can be a very sensative issue but I have never had anyway refuse me taking when I have asked. I know that it is forbidden to take a Massai's picture and if you do they will charge you money. The Massai people are usually dressed in red and are known by their streched out ear lobes and marking on their faces. They are beautiful people and so their photos have been captured many times and then just used to be put on covers of magazines. The Massai do not like to have their way of life put on display like that.
There is a picture of the typical
clothing of the women here, very colorful. Once a woman leaves her home her head is to be covered completly not revealing any hair at all. They where a small cloth to cover their hairline and then put their head dress over that. One thing I find most interesting is the slip they wear under their dresses that always shows because it is just a few inches longer. Their slips have are decorated with sequences or have laced patterns. Even though they are fully covered with clothes there is still away to show a their personalities.

There is a picture of the typical
clothing of the women here, very colorful. Once a woman leaves her home her head is to be covered completly not revealing any hair at all. They where a small cloth to cover their hairline and then put their head dress over that. One thing I find most interesting is the slip they wear under their dresses that always shows because it is just a few inches longer. Their slips have are decorated with sequences or have laced patterns. Even though they are fully covered with clothes there is still away to show a their personalities.This is the way a momma carries her baby. I cannot even count the numbe
r of times I have gotten fussed at for holding Nevaeh faced outward. Nevaeh truely likes to see the world around her that now when I even try to carry her with her head laying on my shoulder she physically pushes her body to turn around and face the opposite way. Also the mommas want to make sure there babies are dressed warmly. You can see the baby wearing a wool hat and covered with a blanket and most likely the baby is wearing a sweater and pants underneath. Nevaeh usually is in a diaper only and even like that she is sweating.
r of times I have gotten fussed at for holding Nevaeh faced outward. Nevaeh truely likes to see the world around her that now when I even try to carry her with her head laying on my shoulder she physically pushes her body to turn around and face the opposite way. Also the mommas want to make sure there babies are dressed warmly. You can see the baby wearing a wool hat and covered with a blanket and most likely the baby is wearing a sweater and pants underneath. Nevaeh usually is in a diaper only and even like that she is sweating.The picture of Nevaeh is from when we went to western. The matatu is the public transportation that everyone uses. I been in on
e several times with my girls and have to admit I can see the major advantage in them bc they are super cheap. Just a quarter to ride.
e several times with my girls and have to admit I can see the major advantage in them bc they are super cheap. Just a quarter to ride. 
Iam very excited to be able to show these pictures so that people can get a glimpse of what we see everyday. I wanted to write a few lyrics from a song written by Chris Tomlin that we are declaring for this place we are living:
"You are God of this City
You are King of this people
You are Lord of this nation
You are
You are light in this darkness
You are Hope to the helpless
You are peace to the wressless
You are
There is no one like our God There is no one like our God!
GREATER THINGS ARE YET TO COME GREATER THINGS ARE STILL TO BE DONE
IN OUR CITY!"
1 comment:
Hey guys! Happy birthday week Bekah! I have your day on my calendar in the bathroom and I've been praying for you this week. Love you!!
Post a Comment