I know without a doubt that God has both gifted me with being able to teach children as well as use arts and songs as a way to reach them. I remember a countless amount of songs I learned in Sunday School and Children's church starting from when I was 5 years old which shows that it leaves tremendous impact into a small kids life and they will never forget it as they grow up. This being the case each day I have such an urgency to not let hours go by unwaisted for now is the time to share from the bible and speak God's truths to the little ones! Sometimes I get to far ahead of myself and don't stop and ask God what do you want me to do today. I find it very easy to fill my days going to visit all different schools in my area (some just nurseries where there is only muslim children). I want to thank Bonnie from Tucker Swamp for sending me Righteous's Sunday School lessons in the mail every month. I am using one of them in the above picture. Since it is all muslim children I am only able to use stories from the old testament. I got to talk about David and further explain that just as David is a shepherd God is also our shepherd who watches over us. I taught them a song that my mom made up about God the Shepherd never sleeps but is always with us. When I went back the following we they all sang the song back to me. Truly amazing since english is actually their 3rd language (first their mother tongue, then swahili, lastly english). I might not be able to speak about Jesus for now but can still plant the word of God.
Now for news from my daughters and me. I feel like I say this all the time but I just got to brag that Righteous is totally a little missionary at her young age of 2 and a half. When we pass by children on the street we have some crackers or suckers to hand out when they beg for money. SHe can spot children before I can and immediatley goes to get a sucker to give. I am trying to teach her to say Jesus loves you as she hands it out but so far she says it way after the fact. We have a man that comes to water our garden everyday and Righteous loves to be outside helping him. For a week he brought his son to work bc their was no one at home able to watch him so Righteous had a good time playing and getting a nice African tan from the sun. This little boy grabbed Nevaeh and planted a big kiss on her and I already had my camera out to get this kodak moment. Totally cracked me up. Nevaeh will be turing 1 this week and still not walking yet but it is coming soon. Time flys.
1 comment:
You definitely have teaching and artistic skills! I am so glad you are able to use your gifts. My favorite song, "halelu halelu halelu halelujah." I loved singing that at the top of my lungs and trying to beat the boys with the, "praise ye the Lord."
Post a Comment