Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pretty sure 15 weeks pregnant



Next week we will be traveling to Nairobi and I have an appointment for Thursday to meet with the OBGYN- I am super excited. Each week I like to check the statis of the baby growing inside at babycenter.com. This week it says the baby wiegh 2 and 1/2 ounces, about the size of an apple. SHe can move all of her joints and limbs, and although her eyelids are still fused shut she can sense light. There is a chance I can find out if the baby is a boy or girl through an ultrasound so I am really hoping to know if I will be using all my girl clothes again or will now be in search of boy ones. Right now I am not taking for granted that I can still sleep on my stomach because I know the time is short when I will not be able to. I am feeling a whole lot better thana the first 3 months of pregnancy- still craving foods that I can't get but next week we will be in Nairobi. I think I am looking forward to eating Chinese food the most. The last time I cana remember eating it was 6 months ago, which is the last time I was in Nairobi.

As for life here, it continues to get hotter each day, usually nothing less than 110 degrees. Jason has started another online class to go towards his Masters and is working on different proposals for potential Big projects that I hope to share soon. Each day I long to hear God's voice that I should go and visit this family, or stay home to just worship and teach my daughters. There is no way I could ever describe my daily schedule for each day is so different. Today we went to take chai made from goats milk at a retired chiefs home. We got to hear his heart which is to provide education for his people no matter if it is through Christians or Muslims. He has had to make peace with different tribes and he was in the army at some point in time. It is amazing how much you can be inspired by someone's life just by taking the time to listen for a few hours. I am very glad that I can Righteous and Nevaeh with me on these occasions. They are learning about different cultures and to love people no matter their background or how different they look from us. When they are outside playing with one another they instantly begin to draw up a crowd. Whenever we leave the house Righteous has been bring several purses along with her and people love to gather around to see what she has packed inside. She loves reading books right now and it provides a great way to communicate to those who don't speak any English bc everyone understands pictures. I cannot begin to predict what this next year will look like but I am hopeful that it is going to be fruitful in more ways than one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super Cool You guys!

This is baby number 3 right?
I am really excited for you guys!

Becka, take good care of yourself and I hope you get your Chinese food soon!

Lots of love, hugs and kisses...
Mara :-)

Bekah said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having!!!!!!!!!!! We're praying for you all:)
PS- Having 3 has proven to be pretty awesome here in the first 3 weeks... I'll keep you posted!

Bethany said...

You can have our boy clothes if it is a boy if it is cool if you save them just in case we have another one, is thaty cool?