Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Every province in less than 3 weeks

These past 3 weeks we traveled all over Kenya hitting all 7 provinces. The beginning of our travels we got to go spend time at the beach and Ocean with Jason’s Momma. She was able to learn how to bargain shop for souvenirs and gifts and you never ever settle on the first, second, or sometimes even third price. Jason and his mom got to go our snorkeling over the coral reefs in the middle of the Indian Ocean after seeing a bunch of dolphins in the glass bottom boats. After spending 5 nights at the coast we did a night in Tsavo Game park where we road around to see the wild animals. I have to give my proud moments when Righteous was able to hold her bladder 3 times and finally had to go- so Jas held her outside the truck and she did her business just being held out, and who knows what wild animal was watching. It was very hard to say goodbye to Momma Witt but we treasure all the memories we made together. After stopping one night in Nairobi we proceeded to Western Kenya where all the interns had a week of class and also got to see another side of Kenya. It was such a difference from our hot semi dessert surrounding being able to sit on the lush grass. Righteous requested that Jas buy her and Nevaeh a fish to eat everyday and weren’t the least bit grossed out at the sight of the eyes still attached. We got to go to a rain forrest one day which was very satisfying seeing so much green and beauty. Green allows me to see the growth of the plants and know that with some of the very tall trees it had taken decades of years to get the height they were but even now they continue to grow. When my days blend together and I can forget what day of the week it really is because they all feel the same I want to remember that growing is taking place even if I don’t feel it. My waistline is growing, hopefully my wisdom in the people I am learning from, my relationship with the Lord recent devotional the questioned was asked “ Throughout our lives we will meet others who are not convinced that Christ is alive. How do you know he is alive? I know He is alive because I feel His presence during times of frustration, I have seen Him answer prayer when my kids were really sick and there was no doctor or medicine to turn to, I have a peace and hope that is because He lives that cannot be explained any other way. How desperately do I want the people around me to know Jesus. They know about Him but do not know Him.















4 comments:

Renee Stocks said...

Thank you so much for the time you spend updating us on what is happening in your lives. I miss you and your family and pray for you often. Love, Renee Stocks

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!

Bethany said...

The girls look like they are going to be tall! They got the good genes :)

extraspecialbitter said...

Little Nay really looks a lot like her Uncle Nay-Nay!