Friday, June 25, 2010

Let Me Tell You About Some Amazing People


These are youth from a Soccer team in our town where soccer is used to keep kids out of trouble and instill father like values. They are amazing people. These jerseys on the above youth were donated by some amazing people from a church in Washington State. The home church for one of past interns Jessica. Thanks Mama Tricia and Papa Gary sorry it took us so long to get the picture of the distribution out to you. The funny part is in America these jerseys were used by 7 year olds and hear 18 year olds are wearing them for league play!
This the church/school that I am the project manager for here in our town we have been constructing it since Feb of this year. I spend a lot of my time here working and keeping things going. My beautiful family visits me there during the days. As you will see below. They are very Amazing people!!!
This part of a short term team that came from the land of great cheese Green Bay, Wisconsin. They are also very amazing people!!! They were a team of around 30 people. Let's just say when you bring 30 white people to our town you triple the white population so its a bit noticeable. Their team was a bit bigger and more complex than most teams that we accept here in our town. To be honest we were worried about how it all would work out. The team had 4 outlets of ministry. They had a construction team, a medical team, a drama team, and a sports team who all came together and had revival meeting in churches in the evenings. Full days for everyone. I would just like to say that they exceeded all the expectations that we had for them. they had great structure, were well led and very well prepared. Good job Tim and Mike! Usually when you receive short term teams it can be quite a stressful time but with this team there was little to no stress involved. We were busy but not stressed! Not to mention all the aesome stuff they brought us!!! Everything you could think of from sweet power tools to food stuff to diapers to baby clothes! Seriously I never realized you could bring some of the things they manged to carry. It felt like Christmas in July and they kept surprising us with more and more. I want to write a whole blog dedicated to the tools they brought but I don't wanna brag so I am torn! They worked so hard, they put up with the heat and they rarely complained! They did it all to serve us and the kingdom with joy and love in their hearts! On the construction side they helped us to push so far ahead during their time here. They moved dirt and stone like machines. I wish they were still here I could use some extra hands. Thanks Green Bay for blessing our socks off in a very holistic way! We are so excited and look forward to working together in the future for the sake of the kingdom. You guys are welcomed in our town anytime! This experience with building this church/girls school has been quite an adventure for me. Just when it seems we will have to stop working because there is no more money God provides in some miraculous or inventive way! This has helped to build my faith tremendously during this time.




My awesome wife and amazing kids looking around the site.
They also did some outreaches to some local colleges and schools. Nevaeh is leading worship just here just like her daddy!


These are some of the pics of them doing the dramas in our local church.
PS if you are interested in helping contribute to the school/church- or if you would like to support us as a family monthly, yearly, or by a one time gift please contact us at wittdawg@gmail.com
Grace and Peace
Jason

5 comments:

Jessica Mac said...

Sounds like things are going well! Glad that you guys were able to put the jerseys to good use. (Hope you don't mind if I stole the picture to stick on my blog. :D)

Miss you guys! Send my greetings to everyone there.

Warren said...

Glad to see everything is going splendidly. The building looks good and much more vertical than the last time I saw it. J if you wanna brag about tools you can send me an e-mail. The fam looks awesome.

Miss you guys tons. Blessings and Peace.

Esther said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

Clay in His Hands said...

I miss you guys so much! I was talking with a girl from the Marion house (who gave you the baby clothes) last night and she told me she had a daughter named Nevaeh. It made me miss your family so much more. I love you guys and I am praying for you!

Naomi said...

you know those people from wisconsin are all pretty awesome! :D love you guys!
Naomi, Wayne, Sydney and Elijah