Thursday, February 17, 2011

Practical Class

Last week for the Practical Class we had with the Bethany interns we all got to learn how to use a table saw- even me. I really think that Jason can do almost anything. I am gifted at doing a handful of things but don't really worry about that because if I get stuck in a jam I know Jason will come to my rescue. There have been occasions that he will be traveling and here on the home front something breaks. I had to call him because the Shower knob completely came off and water was shooting out of the wall. I was not able to screw it back in so I asked him could I just leave it gushing out water. He said "NO Just keep trying until you can fix it." After maybe 10 minutes of trying with all my might I was able to shove it back in. Amazing it worked, I fixed it. And I was going to quit without even trying.
Anyways we were help out my good friends, Mark and Priscilla, from India. They are going to be having a Tiny Tots right (Kind of like a day care) out of their home. The walls here are made out of cement so it is extremely hard to nail into them without ruining them. They wanted to put different color fabrics up on the dining room wall and didn't know how to do that. Jason thought of putting a thin strip of plywood along the top and bottom of the wall and then you could staple, glue, or Velcro the fabric to the plywood. This is what we did for our Practical Class. The first picture on top is Mark and Priscilla's gate to their house. On a different day Righteous and Nevaeh came to their house to put their hand-prints on their gate. They are very proud for everyone to see their work whenever we got there.


2 comments:

Jessica Mac said...

Good job on the gate girls! And, good job learning how to "fix things," Bekah...sounds like you have a good teacher!

extraspecialbitter said...

Independence = Freedom. Go for it!