
We had a yard sale in June and were able to raise over $1500, that will go towards buying me a car in Kenya. At the yard sale Jason was helping this woman load her vehicle and noticed a binder in a trunk. He asked her "Are you an Extreme Couponer?" (We had just watched the show and found it amazing and fascinating). Yes in deed she was. Three weekends ago we were speaking at a church and got to share a potluck lunch after service. We were talking to a couple and Jason said, "Wait have I met you before... are you the Extreme Couponer?" Our paths crossed again. This lovely family invited us over to their home to take anything we needed. I already made a mental list months ago for razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, band aids, etc. We were able to get all these items from them for free. She was telling me that she use to spend over $600 a month on groceries and it is down to $50. I also asked how long it took each week to cut coupons and figure out the best deals, and expected it to be like a part time job, but it only takes her around 2 hours. It probably takes a little longer when you are first starting but if we lived here- I would definitely look into this.

There is a family friend named Ashley Holland who Righteous and Nevaeh just love. They actually call her Jezzel, taken from the movie Ella Enchanted because Ashley has long hair like the actress. Ashley came to pick them up and bring theme to her home for a day of being little Princesses. They went on a treasure hunt and got all made up with make up and hair crimped and pinned up. When I was tucking them into bed Righteous said "Maybe I want to do this again next week." It cracks me up how she talks. She usually starts out her sentences with "Actually". Yesterday I was telling her to stop doing something and she looked at me very seriously and said, "Maybe next week a Whale will eat you." I was stunned, what do I say to that? I', guessing the story of Jonah has really stuck with her.
The last wonderful gift I want to give glory to God about is Jason got his 5 cavities filled by a dentist that wanted to do it for free. He just wanted to bless us. I have written before that the way we interpret the word "need" has changed so much after living in Kenya. It is a testimony daily in my life of God being our Jehovah Jira, our provider.
2 comments:
I'm soo glad that you were able to get everything you needed at our "upstairs grocery store".
Your family has, in such a short time, made a profound and lasting impact on our lives. I wish you all the very best and you will be in our thoughts and prayers always.
God Bless!
- Walter
Hey Bekah! Pretty awesome about the items for free you got from an extreme couponer! I got some stuff for free this summer using coupons, and some really good deals too, it was fun.
Also I wanted to say that I know the goodbyes are super hard...it was especially hard for us to leave our nieces and nephews! We found out a few days before we left that Ian's sister is pregnant again too! Its hard to miss out on all those kind of things with family! I'm asking that your transition back is good! Love you guys!
Post a Comment