Tuesday, January 24, 2012

23 weeks

at 18 weeks

This pregnancy has been like none other due to the fact that we have been on the move every few weeks. The first 3 months was the normal nausea and occasional morning sickness. I can see how the Lord had me protected against malaria by having us relocate to Tanzania where it is not even an issue. In several websites it explains that getting malaria in the first trimester is the most dangerous to the baby. The Lord God saw fit to completely remove this possibility and I count that as a blessing. (Our home town, here in Kenya, is a highly malarial area)

at 23 weeks

In Tanzania I entered into my second trimester finding relief from morning sickness and gaining more energy. We had to go to the hospital there because Righteous broke her arm falling off a swing. She only had to wear a cast for two weeks and was fully recovered when we took it off. While we were at the hospital for her I was able to get my first ultrasound by the same tech that gave Righty her xray and he did it for free. At 18 weeks I went to an obgyn and had another ultrasound that allowed us to see I was having another girl. My only hesitation to saying that is the machine was extremely old, so I am not 100% convinced.
with Righteous and Nevaeh

Two weeks ago we traveled back to Kenya. We first arrived for two nights in Nairobi and then an 12 day in the car to Mombassa. We were able to take the interns to see the first two churches of East Africa and I want to blog about that next. Within these last 2 weeks I have had a few contractions and low pressure on my pelvis in the evenings. We are now back in Nairobi and got to see an excellent OBGYN who prescribed me to take progesterone pills everyday as well as some other vitamins.
ultrasound pic


I was able to get some blood work done and another ultrasound and are waiting for the results for those in a few days. I want to ask if you will join us in prayer for the baby to stay in the womb and continue to grow for many more weeks to come. My last 3 pregnancies and deliveries are a testimony to God's faithfulness and allowing me to have very short labors. Charis's home birth is a miracle- where everything when perfectly normal and no complications. I want to do my part in doing all I can to be healthy and take care of the baby in me, and then after that- God is fully in control.
ultrasound pic

3 comments:

extraspecialbitter said...

It sounds like the new baby has cast her vote in favor of being born in Tanzania! Seriously, do take care of yourself, the girls and Jason. Thank you for keeping us informed through Facebook and this Blog.

Casey said...

Yay! Another beautiful baby :) I will be praying for little one to stay safely inside until the time is right! So glad you have seen Father's protection and provision already in this pregnancy.

Teresa said...

We are praying for your family's needs and thanking Him for His answers. We'll be visiting Abby in a couple of weeks. I remember when she told us about Charis' miracle birth. He IS faithful!