Sunday, June 30, 2013

Liberty Spring Christian Church VBS

This week we worked together with Liberty Spring Christian Church to help with their VBS.  It was a privilege and a blessing to be a part of what went on this week. Children and youth were given the Gospel of Christ and that is what it's all about what other purpose do we have? Really?   The theme is all about facing your fears how appropriate being that we will be returning home soon to face those things that are all too real and personal. It is a wonderful study for these kids and extremely applicable to their lives. Righteous, Nevaeh, and Charis had the opportunity to attend and they even know the memory verse. It's really cute to hear Charis say "sound judgement!"


This is a picture of the worship rally we had each morning it was awesome to see the kids sing and really get into the music!
Here is a picture of me teaching the 5th, 6th , and 7th graders what a privilege these kids were awesome. They asked some really hard questions about the gospel and how it works I pray that God used us to show His love and salvation to these kids! I pray that the Holy Spirit works in their lives and God really uses them to do some amazing things.
I thank God and pray for each one of them Nathan, Alicia, Lexi, Lizzy, Tyler F, Tyler L, Tanner, David, Eddie, Timothy, Rachel, Kevin, Tommy, Colton, Leslie, Travis, Julie, and Esteban! I pray that the Lord will richly bless each of you and really take hold of your lives. I pray that you will commit your lives to live for Christ fully in all that you do and He will do mighty works in and through your lives. I truly value and love each of you very much and I am thankful that God allowed me to be a part  of your lives! Be strong and courageous and do what He calls you to without fear!
This was craft time where we spent a lot of time talking about movies and which ones they have seen and which ones I haven't because its not good for our minds to put trash in. I told them if we put garbage in garbage will come out. It took some time but I think they understood me after 5 days of the came message.
Samara was an honorary member of our class she kept things light and the kids loved her. She behaved very well and even danced and sung some!
Here are the little pigs in line with their classes Charis and Nevaeh were technically too young for this class but they did awesome keeping up and doing all the same things the 1st graders were doing. It helped so much to free Bekah and I up to work with other age groups!
Here are the kids getting down in worship time. They did great learning the songs and the actions! So proud of the little piggies keeping up with all the American kiddos. Sometimes we wonder are they normal can they keep pace through this week we realized they are just fine and can be flexible and fit in where ever they need too! Praise God!
More dance time! Lord thank you for LSCC and the blessing that they are to us and Your ministry in Kenya! It was awesome to be able to serve alongside them this week thanks for the opportunity to work together with them to spread your message of love.  We are looking forward to being there on July 7th and sharing in the Sunday service! We love and appreciate each one of you! See you all again soon!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We all really enjoyed this years VBS. We all felt the hand of the Lord upon us. We also thank God for you and your family. It is evident you love the Lord.

Unknown said...

We all really enjoyed this years VBS. We all felt the hand of the Lord upon us. We also thank God for you and your family. It is evident you love the Lord.