 |
| Abraham's servant talking to Rebekah at the well. |
Righteous is really getting a hang of reading on her own now. She is reading through her Children's Bible. There are really some difficult names like Moses' mother Jochebed and learning to pronounce the Ph as f in Pharaoh. After she completes a story she puts up the pieces of felt on the board to really engrave what she read in her mind. It helps her to visualize the words. The Bible Felt board set is absolutely awesome. There are probably over 12,000 different pieces. There is a whole Tabernacle section- a Revelation section- I am just going to have to take photos of it to show sometime because it is mind blowing! We really hope to use it in different churches or out in the community some day because I know the local children will enjoy to see the colors and characters.
 |
| Jacob reuniting with Esau. |
 |
| Baby Moses and family. |
 |
| Baby Moses in the basket. |
We are able to finish up with school in 4 hours during the morning time. In the afternoon we like to get out of the house if we can. We have gotten to go visit our friend Jessica who is the church secretary at ACK. She welcomes my girls to play board games anytime and has so much patience with them.
 |
| Playing chutes and ladders with Jessica at ACK. |
There are days we stay home and do crafty activities such as play dough, stamps, water colors, paint our nails and henna. We ran out of our henna stencils so I have been do designs on my own.
 |
| Practicing my henna decorating skills. |

It is always fun to go and visit our neighbors. There is good conversations about our different faiths. With my one neighbor we both agreed it is only God who converts so we really do not need to worry about being so defensive. This is relieving for me because other times I think people are hesitant to talk to me because they are worried that I am just going to try and persuade them to be a Christian and how that might look like to the community. We recently we at my neighbors house visiting when she excused herself for a moment to pray. My girls really watched her as she stood, kneeled, and bowed her head onto the ground. When she was finished she ask me what I thought of how she prays. I told her I admire the dedication and commitment to pray five times a day. I would love to have that kind of commitment. She told me she did not agree with how Christians just pray to ask God for things. I was able to tell her that requests were only 1 part of prayer- which is a conversation to God. There is adoration and Thanksgiving as well. She did not know we worship God in prayer and call Him Almighty, Comforter, Provider etc. and got excited to hear that. I also told her I have so much to be thankful for- goof health,meals, a home, and I do not take that for granted because I have seen many in our town that do not always have these things. I then got to share to her the Lord's prayer. In the end we shared our disagreements in some of our beliefs but we left each other as friends and on good terms. I really enjoy my relationship with her. It is my job to plant seeds but it is the Lord who softens hearts and draws a person to Himself.

1 comment:
What an awesome post! I have used the same felt pieces to teach at church. They are exceptional, & I'm so glad you have them. What a wonderful way to reinforce learning. I can just hear your gentle but honest voice sharing Truth with your neighbor. May the Lord water & cultivate the seeds He used you to plant.
Post a Comment