We had Naomi visit us for 3 days. This is her 7th time back in Kenya. She is from Belgium, and finishing up her Doctorate in September. I can learn so much from just listening to her talk about Science. Granted a lot of it is over my head. She originally came to Kenya to take water samples from our river everyday and research the amount of oxygen as well as bacteria that is in the water. She has written a whole document with all the data she collected with a bunch of graphs. I know the Lord has a plan for her life, using the gifts He has given her.
I am always amazed at the different people I get the chance to meet here, both those who have chosen to live here, and those who pass through. This place is not a huge city, it has no tourist attractions, wouldn't be considered a significant place to travel to. In the midst of it all God is doing something. Looking forward to seeing you Naomi next time you come.
 |
| Naomi playing cards. |
Samara turns 3.
 |
| Ping pong. |
Samara still has an obsession with the color orange. Anybody who is ever wearing this color, no matter where we are, she will immediately point out, "My favorite color is orange." She turned 3 on Monday. I knew I was going to make orange pancakes, and carrot cake with orange cream cheese frosting. Jason was able to find an orange bicycle with training wheels just her size in town. We played a bunch of games and all of them had the orange theme. I realized one of the things I am neglecting in homeschool, is a P.E. class. My girls ride their bikes, run around the farm, and we occasionally play catch but nothing is a daily basis. I found a handy dandy P.E. book that is designed for families, filled with so many games. SO that is what I used to get all the ideas for Samara's special day. Not only did we have fun but we were getting our exercises in! We played ping pong in the hallway as well as bowling, throw the Frisbee at 10 different trees that had an orange picture we colored, "pull the tail off" tag using scarves, and basketball using socks in a garbage basket. Overall the day was a success.
 |
| Righteous collecting the ping pong ball that is next to the orange "bowling pins". |
 |
| Frisbee |
 |
| Daddy helping Samara, she needs all the help she can get. |
 |
| Watching Nevaeh throw. |
 |
| The distraction of a butterfly. |
 |
| Both girls trying to catch the butterfly. |
1 comment:
Enjoyed reading this. It reminded me of the parties at your house that Laura so enjoyed as an intern.
Post a Comment