Friday, August 7, 2015

The brother to Jesus

I have finally finished a Bible Study of James called Mercy Triumphs. So many great truths to take away from it. James was the half brother to Jesus and did not become a believer until after Jesus resurrected. Throughout his writing there are so many glimpses of the words that His brother and Savior spoke when he was here on earth. I always remember the big theme to be "We are saved by faith alone but saving faith never stands a lone... it reveals itself through the obedience and fruit of the believer.

I have so many favorite scriptures, that have challenged me in James. 

"Why you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and than vanishes." 4:14

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." 1;12

"Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lords coming is near." 5:7-8

It reminds me to not fall into the trap of thinking too highly of myself. Believe me it can try to creep in, after serving or helping out. I am not here to be the answer for anyone but I do have the answer which is Jesus who gives hope, freedom, and life. My time here will come and go- it is but a mist, if there is just one thing remembered about me I want it to be that I loved the Lord and always wanted to know more of Him. Although many of my neighbors fear Allah and recite the verses of their holy book and give alms and pray 5 times a day, none of them have ever talked about the Love of God. They have some "good" prayers, but the prayers are the same. The prayers are not from their own thoughts and heart. Oh how I desire for them to truly know the Love of the Father and talk to Him about anything and everything. I need to be patient.

Here is what the author, Beth Moore, concludes after finishing the Bible study,

" I can tell you a few things I hope will happen next with me. I hope I refuse myself the luxury of ever again having a faith talk that excludes the faith walk. What I live is really what I believe. Period.""

" I hope I have a heart filled with faith  and expectancy when I ask God for wisdom, knowing that He delights to give it. I hope to resist the magnetic pull of this temporal world to shrink my life into a wilting wildflower in a dying meadow."

" I want to live for what endures. I want to live for Jesus. And, Lord, help me, I want to persevere in trials, sufferings, and persecutions, and not whine myself into a pathetic lather. "

"For once in my life, I want to know what it's like to count it all joy when I fall into all sorts of difficulty. When deformed desires surface in this flawed heart of mine I want to rush them to Jesus and request His swift healing."

" I want to watch my mouth for crying out loud Don't you? Our religion is utterly futile if we don't."

" I want to keep the poor on my radar at all times and stop protecting myself from the pain and plight of others. Don't you? I want to love my neighbor as myself. I want to live in full expectancy of the glorious return of our Savior Jesus Christ. I want to pray more for the sick. Don't you?" 

I am screaming a YES! YES YES!!!!

Here are pictures from Nevaeh's 7th birthday yesterday at the medical clinic.

A friend from town gave a huge box of biscuits for Nevaeh. We put an assortment of frosting on top and passed them out to the patients to celebrate.

Nevaeh passing out the biscuits.


Her dressed was made from "church flag material" that Keri Morcombe gave me about 2 years ago. The other 3 girls are also getting a dress made out of this material. 


We made Popsicle puppets with the children. Pastor Josiah asked me where do I get all the different ideas. I told him that it is my talent from God- crafts!!!!





Samara can get bored. Sometimes she sings. Sometimes she repeats over and over "Can we go now?" When people look at her she can get embarrassed. But over all I think she does the best job she can at age 3.

4 comments:

Renee Stocks said...

The beauty of your spirit moves me to tears. May the love of God, the grace of Jesus, & the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Renee Stocks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee Stocks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee Stocks said...

The beauty of your spirit moves me to tears. May the love of God, the grace of Jesus, & the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.