 |
| Finishing the book Key to Zion. |
Happy New Year everyone! We had a fabulous holiday at Mombasa and Malindi. We got to spend quality time with teammates and friends, I got to finish the Zion Chronicles series that has taken me months to finish reading, we swam, ate tropical fruit, searched for shells at the beach, and returned safely home on the roughest road in all of Kenya (in my opinion).
As I have been reflecting on this past year- I am reminded of when we went to the top of the K.I.C.C (Kenyatta International Convention Centre) with the interns, in Nairobi. It gave me such a different perspective of the big city of 3 million people. Usually when we are driving around that city we are surrounded with intense traffic. In December when we were there, Jason and I got to go on a date to see a movie and then out to dinner. That would normally be a 20 minute drive between those two places. It took us 3 hours. The oncoming traffic had come into our lane therefore we had to maneuver between curbs and ditches. I say we, when I really mean Jason. I had my eyes closed and was talking about all sorts of things. I actually enjoyed those 3 hours of interrupted conversation but would not want to have traffic on an everyday basis.
From the bird's eye view of Nairobi I could see birds flying about their business. The train was slowly rumbling in the tracks and I could see the football stadium in the distance. What normally seemed chaotic to me looked quiet and peaceful. I want to be able to see the overall picture of my life in this way in the year to come, not get trapped in a stressful moments.
We just celebrated our Savior's birth 2 weeks ago. After reading the story leading up to his birth, this verse stood out to me like never before,
"Bless is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45
Mary was the chosen woman but she did have one question for angel Gabriel when he told her she would conceive and give birth to a son and name him Jesus. She asked
"How can this happen? I am a virgin." Luke 1:34
But then she accepted and believed. By no means am I Mary but I do want people to be able to say the same thing about my life, in the year to come. That I am blessed because I have believed what the Lord has said to me, will come be accomplished. I love that confidence. So how do I set about having this happen?
"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth, give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." Psalm 86:11.
That is where I will begin, asking the Lord to teach me.
 |
| On top of the K.I.CC building |
A few pictures of this last year.
 |
| Righteous holding a baby that had just got his face painted. |
 |
| Nevaeh making a friend. |
 |
| The first time seeing water flow from the pump. |
 |
| Cow being slaughtered for Easter. |
 |
| Getting hair done by neighbor in town. |
 |
| Charis passing out material to a Women's Group. |
 |
| Singing about Noah and the ark. |
 |
| Samara helping with a craft. |
 |
| The tractor at the farm! |
1 comment:
I enjoy knowing what's on your heart & mind, Bekah. XO
Post a Comment