Monday, May 23, 2016

The Southern Family

In church yesterday we sang the song: "When the roll is called up yonder I will be there". A great song that I don't hear many other places except when I am in the South. We have gotten to eat pulled pork sandwiches and have driven passed many farm fields with growing corn. We got to watch a funeral procession with big trucks that were revving their engines and flags waving on their bumpers. There are many great things that bring a distinction of living under the mason dixon line and people's friendliness and kindness really stand out. 

We have been able to soak up time with family. When all of Jason's siblings get together with their families it ends up being 19 people. It is our first time meeting baby Jesse-who is 1 years old now. Almost everyday the girls and I have been working out with Jason's sister. She is our personal trainer encouraging us to do the 21 day fix and sharing her shakeology. I often go up 3 pants sizes when I am in the States from all the wonders of food I have been missing. This time around I am trying to put some limits on all that.

There is not a much details to give or a big story to tell. We are just enjoying living in the moment and catching up on playing, reading, and talking to all these cousins, aunts, uncles and grandma (a.k.a mawmaw). Our thoughts continue to go towards Kenya and what has been happening there for that place is what we consider home. We have missed out on all the happenings here the past  years and now that we are here- we are missing out what is going on there. It is such a complicated feeling but I want to be present with the people that I am with right now. This life is so short and temporary and tomorrow is not promised to any of us so we need to treasure those in front of us now. 
Maw Maw reading before bedtime.

lifting weights with Ashley

Jason helped Scooter build a swing-set.








Baby Jesse

No comments: