 |
| Jason and Charis doing triage and registration. |
I am extremely thankful for nurses. Jason's mom, 2 sisters, and brother are nurses. I know that they have helped so many sick and hurting people. In many ways nurses are the backbone of medical care and often times they can be taken for granted and overworked. They work long hours in which they give constantly to care for patients. Some patients can be difficult human beings. Some patients will never say thank you and demand more than a nurse can give. Nurses have to deal with all the bodily fluids and hospital smells and broken bones and heart attacks and a lot of sadness and pain....I could never ever be a nurse.
Here in Kenya we get the opportunity to work with nurses every single week on Thursdays at the medical clinic that is inside the farm. We usually see around 100 patients every Thursday. The nurses are the ones to diagnose and write prescriptions. They are the ones to give the injections and administer wound care. In town medical clinics, the Nurses are the ones to deliver babies here. Almost every woman that is pregnant and goes into labor has a complicated delivery because of FGM. (Female Genital Mutilation) Nurses have saved countless lives with their quick response and careful duties. They do so much.
The Doctors and Nurses are currently on strike. They have closed the doors of the Government medical clinics and are undergoing meetings to solve the problems. Private clinics are still available but very few people could ever afford those services. People are suffering without medical care. Please pray for a quick resolution to these people in need. (The nurses are still helping us out at the farm because it is a private clinic- we pay them for their service)
 |
| A family waiting for their turn. |
 |
| Righteous helps out with the medicine. |
 |
| I cut out crafts. Samara eats constantly. |
 |
| Nevaeh doing the craft with the children. |
1 comment:
I absolutely love that your children are a part of everything you do. I will pray about the strike.
Post a Comment