Friday, March 23, 2018

What have I to offer?

Patients who are waiting to see the doctor at the clinic that is on the farm.
 The poverty that is all around us here in gtown, is great. There are many villages in our area and looking at the housing and people who live there, looks like a picture out of a National Geographic magazine. They live in huts, with children half clothed in a hot and sweaty environment with little shade to escape from the heat. We have recently gotten some rain. A little rain is a blessing. A lot of rain can cause damage. On Tuesday we were walking through one village in which the rain has made the ground not only muddy but extremely smelly. Sickness spreads a whole lot faster in these circumstances. As I look around I can easily get discouraged because of not knowing what to do to help.

There are also wealthy people that live here. There is one family who owns a shop and have always been so welcoming and caring towards us and our team. If they ever travel they bring back gifts for us. A few months ago they went on the small pilgrimage to Mecca. They brought me some dates from Saudi Arabia. I tried to get them to give the dates to someone who would appreciate these dates more than I would.  But they insisted that it was for me. Once again I have the same kind of feeling I have when around people of great need. What am I supposed to do. What can I offer my friends that have more than enough? What do I have to give to those who are poor and surrounded in a seemingly hopeless life. The famous Sunday School answer, Jesus. He is what I have. He is what I live for. He is the answer. And how this looks is something I am still learning everyday. Sometimes it is just being there for someone, nothing more and nothing less. Other days it is bringing food. Yesterday it was Jason pulling out a high School bus that was fully stuck in mud. We are His hands. We are His feet. Also whatever we do for the least it is as if we have done for Him.

Back in the day of my teenage years, I listened to this song by Jaci Velasquez and the words explain what my heart is feeling right now.

Speak For Me
What have I to offer
To a world in need
Yet for some unknown reason
You have chosen me
Lord, You've set my journey
You've prepared the way
Still I'm desperate for the words to say

All I am is willing
All I have is in Your hands

Speak For Me
This my plea
Say the words I can't express
Sing for me
A heavenly melody
That the people would be blessed
Speak For Me

Every brief encounter
That you send my way
Is a chance to show the love You gave me
I see their troubled faces
A hunger deep inside
Lord I depend on you to touch their lives

Light what burns within me
Let your truth shine through my life




The dates given to me from my friends who live in town.

2 comments:

Jordan S said...

Hi guys. Thanks for the invitation to your blog... I am looking forward to keeping up with you better as a result of it! Jordan S. @ KCC

Kaiyeluh said...

I love you and your heart!!!!