![]() |
| Jason clearing part of the road that was blocked on the way to the farm. |
After our first lesson she gave us homework, which was to pray a basic prayer in Swahili. So all of us were able to start off with Asante Yesu kwa....(Thank you Jesus for...) and add words of jamii yangu ( my family), nyumba (house), chakula (food) na maji (And water). It is just the beginning but what a blessed way to start by giving thanks to the Lord for all that we have big and small.
In the second lesson Grace translated Psalm 119:105 for us:
"Neno lako ni taa ya miggu yangu na mwanga wa ngia."
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and light to my path."
There is no other way I would want Grace to start our foundations of this language then using prayer and scripture. It is a reminder to me that if I am ever confused and unsure about what I should do next or where should I go, one thing I never have to question is His Word. In moments of fear or worry I can read that He is here with me and will never leave. In times of weaknesses or feelings of failure due to mistakes, He remains strong. When I get caught up with the question "Am I doing enough as a wife, as a Mother, as a missionary?" I read Romans 4:3 and 23-24 "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness. The words 'it was credited to him' were not for him alone but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness- for us who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead" Abraham is not considered the man of faith that he is due to his many accomplishments. Instead he has faith because he believed God.
God's words are powerful. His words speak truth when there is deception and false doctrine. When hearing and learning about what M believe there are many similarities between their book and the Holy Bible. But then there are parts that have things added onto the scriptures. Things get twisted to something far from actual truth. There are 6 unreached people groups here in gtown. A little over a month ago 1 of the languages of those people got the New Testament translated into their mother tongue. This took over 10 years to accomplish. But how powerful it will be for those to have access to this!
His Word is not only the nourishment for our soul but the weapon to fight with. So let's partake of it, be filled and share with others so that they can have life abundantly.
![]() |
| This picture reminds me that Jesus is the gate for those to enter into an eternity with God. He is the only way. The path is narrow. Few will enter. |
![]() |
| In a library in Mombasa I got to see a Bible in Arabic for the first yime. |
![]() |
| The Arabic Bible begins in the back. |
![]() |
| The New Testament written in 1 of the languages here in gtown. |







1 comment:
This post is beautifully expressed, & very encouraging. It reveals the foundation of your hope & strength - Jesus Christ, the Word become flesh. May your life be one of constant communication with Him, & about Him, I ask in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Post a Comment