Sunday, July 28, 2019

What a gift to have Adam and Michaela come

These students sang to us and then we sang to them. I parked my car at the girl interns house and we walked down the dirt road into this village where the school is out, I wanted Michaela to see how close it is to the paved road.
 My first memories of meeting Adam and Michaela were from back in the day when they were teenagers in the Tucker Swamp Baptist Church youth group. That is really the name of the church I am not making it up. Michaela sang in the worship band and Adam was playing bass. Michaela' s Mom was often helping out in the youth room and Adam's Dad did the sound equipment. Jason and I were newly married and we were investing into that first year before we started raising support for the mission field. Jason played on the church softball team during the summer time along with Adam and Michaela and our friendship with them grew. Adam has come out to visit us two other times before (his sister, Blair was here for Christmas and she has also come 3 times) but this time was with different outlook. Adam brought his beautiful wife Michaela to strongly pray and consider moving here on a more permanent basis in the future. I cannot begin  to express our excitement at this possibility. For starters the Harvest is wide open and God is moving. At the same time Jason and I feel that we are at full capacity and are not able to take on anything more until we can give up something we are already involved in. All that to say we need help and have been making our requests known to the Lord. I can attest to God answering prayers when He provided Sarah to help me out with homeschool. For so long I did not want to admit that I couldn't teach my daughters all on my own. I often struggle with Pride and want to do it all on my own. The fact is I am a human being. We need one another asnd my weakness is someone else's strength.

While Michaela was here she shared about an analogy she saw with a simple problem we get in our house whenever our water gets low. We often do not get water everyday which is okay because we have a storage tank that holds water when it is coming in directly. We have a pump that brings the water up into our ceiling tanks and distributes it to our 3 bathrooms. For some reason when the water gets too low, our guestroom bathroom gets an airlock and water cannot get filled in until that airlock is pushed out. Jason does this by pulling himself up into the ceiling and pushing the air out with a hose. He gives us directions to turn on the faucets and flush the toilets through screaming. While Adam and Michaela were here the 4 of us could spread out down the hallway and into the bathroom to get this problem fixed a lot faster than if it was left up to just one or 2 of us. The lesson learned is their truly is strength in numbers. We can sharpen each other like iron sharpens iron. If someone falls the other can pick him up. I do not know whether or not God will bring Adam and Michaela back here. What I do know is that we shall pray for each other and encourage one another in our walk with the Lord. This week was incredibly special to minister together and witness God's wondrous work.


This little boy is the grandson to one of the lady farmworkers. His poor little leg was caught in a the spokes of a bicycle and was all torn up. Michaela was able to watch it get cleaned and bandaged up. I stayed in another room but did hear his loud cries of pain.

Doing crafts at the clinic.

Jason translated the story of Gideon and the 300 men for me.


 The girls acted out the story, going to the four corners of the room, holding up a lantern and a horn and declaring " For God and for Gideon!"
 Michaela is helping each child put their lanterns and horns together.

3 comments:

Renee Stocks said...

Dear God, Send more workers to help Jason & Bekah in sowing & in harvesting, I ask in the Name of Jesus Christ. ❤

Jordan S said...

We're excited to hear about the possibility of more workers being prepared for service to join the work with you and the Spirit! It's His work ultimately, but how wonderful that He includes willing souls as partners in it. Praying and trusting that the Benson's will be able to join you this month and praying for clear direction for A & M. May God bless you with wisdom and willing hearts as you seek His will for His kingdom and glory! 🙏🙂

The Wittz End said...

Thank you so much for your prayers and partnership! It is what keeps us going and it makes a difference to soften the hardened hearts. The Benson's have purchased their plane tickets! Praise the Lord! We are very much looking forward to them joining us!