 |
| The book my friend had asked me to read. Ultimately it is about a "Christian" who converts to be a Muslim. |
It has now been 1 month since are feet have stepped onto American soil and boy what an unexpected turn of events! As I glance back to when we were in Gtown-a visit with a Arab friend in town comes to mind. She is a Mom of two boys and has always been kind enough to answer my questions about her religion without trying to force it down my throat and convert me. I appreciate this because, in other friendships I can get the impression that I am "their project", which is not a nice feeling. It makes me aware of my own motives when going out to meet people and know they will see right through my actions if my goal is anything more than offering the love of Jesus-That He first gave to me. In my last visit with this Arab friend she asked if I would read her favorite book from her childhood, called In Quest for Truth. I could tell that this book meant a lot to her so out of my respect for her I took it and read it within a few days. It is about a faithful Catholic man who was being discipled by a older priest who eventually died, and this Catholic man found another priest to learn from who also ended up dying. Finally this Catholic man met Prophet Mohammed and ended up following him and through living simply and worshipping Allah he saw miracles and the true way to live. I appreciate that there was nothing negatively written about Christ or Christianity, but it was merely overlooked as Islam was overephasized. Cheyanne also read this book and pointed out that the main character was willing to follow any "spiritual leader" that crossed his path and if it was not Mohammed that he happened to meet it could have been a Buddhist, or an activist etc. My friend asked me my opinion of the book and I told her these things. In the future I wonder if she would be open to read books that have impacted and inspired me. There are some I have read of dedicated Muslims who have had encounters with the Living God in dreams and are now followers of Jesus. If she was willing to ask me to read her book I am most definitely willing to ask her read one that I have. I shall prayerfully wait and see.
The day after we landed in New York, Amos messaged Jason that our farmworker's daughter, F, has passed away. F is the one who was recently diagnosed with sickle cell anemia. Cheyanne and Jason had both given blood to her so she could get a transfusion. She was already having painful heart failure because of this disease and we were able to get medicine delivered for her from outside of gtown. We rejoiced seeing her walk to the farm on Christmas day and be apart of all the festivities. That day, Charis sat next to on the mat, as they both ate a plate full of goatmeat and rice.We truly saw her as a walking miracle. To get this shocking news of her death was detramental to us. We asked God why He did not choose to heal her? Why did He wait until we were so far away and there was no way for us to mourn together with the family? Why wasn't this disease discovered earlier? Will this finally be what causes the family to receive Jesus's saving Grace? We are content in not knowing the answers to these questions, but still feel the need to cry out and ask them. He remains God, high above what we can comprehend. As humans we will go through all these emotions when hearing about the loss of life and pain in the world. Our faith is not shaken although it does get tested. The roots of salvation go down deep and we are secure in Him no matter famine or storm. He is the Lord.
 |
| Inside the cover of the book my friend gave. |
 |
| Hiking in a trail behind Ashley's house. |
Meanwhile we are now in Virginia staying with Jason's sister, Ashley. Jason's sisters, brother, and Mother all are nurses in the medical world and in the frontlines helping take care of the sick everyday. We are so blessed to be able to pray for them during this time and get a closer look into their lives here. It has been two weeks since we have left Suffolk County, New York where most of my family live. My Mom works as a Unit Secretary in a hospital, my brother Timothy is a manager of an Italian restaurant/ pizza place that is an essential business and my brother Josiah is in the National Guard and was called into service. My Mom's Mom, Aunts, Uncles, and many cousins all live on Long Island and my heart has been tugging to pray for their protection. They are all well and they are in hope that this will all be over soon. When we arrived there it was just at the beginnings of the chaos and now we treasure the time spent with them even more.
Our family is personally blessed beyond belief at Ashley's house. It has a huge outside including a pond, hiking trails, a pony, a cow a barn, and lots of space to run and play. We are continuing to homeschool in the mornings and have quality family time in the afternoons. We usually travel around a lot while we are on Furlough But for now we are resting and getting refreshed. It is unknown when we will leave Virginia, or when we will get to give updates at churches but we want to live today for what is set before us. I know this is something people can relate to all across the world and I pray that God's peace will reign in your heart and thoughts.
 |
| My beautiful family. |
 |
| An old barn on the trail. |
 |
| We are not going past these places where these signs are posted. |
 |
| Still a child at heart, trying to pull down the old tree branches. |
 |
| A deer hunting chair up in the tree. |
 |
| Found a lake. |
2 comments:
I am so deeply sorry about this chikd's death. May the Lord comfort all who grieve her, I ask in the Name of Jesus Christ. I have been praying for deep rest for you all. I so hope that is some of the good God is working while your stay indefinitely in Virginia.
Happy you are getting to spend time with loved ones and that you are firmly and safely tied to the anchor and rock who knows all things and makes all things work to His glory and our benefit when we love Him and are called according to His purposes! Can't wait to see/meet you all in June!
Post a Comment