Sunday, August 8, 2021
Why the Ram?
In the last blogpost we shared a story from the book " Which None Can Shut" in reference to Eid Ul Adha the holiday where our cousins here celebrate Abraham's willingness to sacrafice his son Ishmael, but then God provides a ram in a bush. So on that day if you have an animal to slaughter you slaughter and share the meat with others. One of the most powerful things I took away from reading this book was that too often, when we compare the account of Abraham and Issac or Ishmael for our cousins, We as followers of Jesus get too focused on which son it actually was. Honestly at the end of the day which son it is with Abraham is irrelevant the focus should be on the Ram. I couldnt help think of how many times I had missed the opportunity to share the Gospel because I needed them to know that it was Issac not Ishmael. I decided not to dwell on the many missed opportunities but instead not to miss any other ones to use this story to share the life changing Gospel of Jesus.
Last blog Rebekah shared with you all that the day after that holiday I asked the farm workers how their holiday was and they told me it was good they ate alot of meat and celebrated. I continued by asking them what they were celebrating and some of them said that they got to eat meat. Another said because Abraham did so they are supposed to as well. Another said because Mohamed did so they do. I continued prodding and asking why and then asked why did an animal have to be slaughtered? Why must the blood be spilled? Realizing that I wasn't satisfied with their answers they told me they will go to the Imam or the Sheik and get an answer for me. I agreed and told them I look forward to it.
The next time I went to the farm I asked if they got my answer they told me they were still looking. So I gave them a few more days. Then I asked again if they had gotten the answer they told me that no one could tell them. Then they asked me to tell them. (In my head I'm like really you are asking me to share the Gospel w you. Dont mind if I do!) I started with Adam and Eve in the garden and sin entering the world. Then I went on to Abraham and explained his story with his son is the for telling of the coming of Christ. Christ coming into the world and His death is the Ram that's blood would pay for the sins of mankind once and for all. I shared how Jesus rose again on the third day and is now in heaven preparing a place for those who follow Him. And that now we are waiting for His return to earth to judge the earth. They were engaged they took it in. For some of them this could have been the first time they have heard the Gospel presented from start to finish in one sitting (creation to Revelation) After answering their questions I asked them what they thought of my answer. One of them said it was good answer and if they cannot find a btter one then they will agree to it as well. It was said in a very non chalant way but our prayer is that that seed will dig in its roots in their hearts and give birth to a tree of faith that will change the faith from generations past and generations to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Now there's an answer to prayer! Perceptive and respectful to give them opportunity to go to their spiritual leaders first. How much do we do from tradition as well without being able to explain why? Anyway, continuing to pray for the Holy Spirit to work in the hearts of those who heard the truth of the Gospel! PTL 🙂🙏
Remarkable! Incredible! Amazing! I have continued to pray for bold courage, as you asked some months ago. I see it unfolding in what you share!
Post a Comment