Monday, December 26, 2022

Thoughts of a missionary kid.


Samara loves to have the small children come sit in her lap.

Me, Mom asks Samara, "What was Christmas Day like at the farm?"

Samara's response, "I really liked hanging out with kids and babies. I like to hold them and make them laugh. I noticed the farm workers doing lots things to make the day special. They worked together to slaughter the cow,  they made chapati, they drove the tractor to drop off the gifts at the families houses. It was an awesome day."

Samara in her element 

Samara says this picture is her favorite because these farm workers look like they could they could be in a boy band.

Me, Mom asks Charis, "What is one activity we did on Christmas Day?"

Charis answers, "We organized different games to do with the kids. When we brought out the parachute they all looked at it in awe. We lifted up the parachute and called out 2 names of children to run underneath and "switch places". We had the littlest ones sit in the middle and we pulled them around. Overall it was a good day to show the love of Jesus. "

Pulling the littlest ones around. 

Calling children's names to run 

Switching places

We are all underneath being a "turtle shell".

Behind the scenes of the puppet show that Nevaeh performed with Samara- that was translated into Swahili by Caleb.

According to Nevaeh (her typing out her own words):

Christmas day is a day like no other, because unlike, the average day us Witt girls are granted a chance to not only work along side with the farmworkers but are offered a chance to completely submerge ourselves into the community. I often find myself wishing that we could partake in this event more the once a year.


Samara and I performed  the puppet show: Little Red Riding Hood for all of the kids. Although some changes had to be made to make the story more cultural, it went pretty smoothly, for the most part.

This picture above depicts me playing a game with some of the local girls.

One of the many pictures Righteous captured 

Righteous brought her fancy camera that was gifted to her from Kay (a former intern). Here are her own words about Christmas Day that she typed out:

Each and every face has a story. With a simple click of the Camera a person can capture moments that are priceless.  I had great joy seeing all the beautiful children the Lord has made. A simple smile can do so much more than meets the eyes. Psalms 127:3 says,, "children are a gift from the Lord; they are the reward from him." This verse shows what a blessing children are. To me it seems funny that I am saying this for I am a child yet I always want to see each child as a blessing and also get a chance to know their stories. I hope you can get a glimpse of how unique each one of them is in these pictures. 


Righteous snapped this.

This mother cooks the lunches for the farmworkers each day. This is her youngest son.



These are the sons of the farmworker who has the "Green Bay Packers" house.



Righteous caught this pose.

Righteous captured a smile on Jason as he passed out a gift.

 

Righteous took a picture of nap time. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your Christmas celebrations!

Renee Stocks said...

Sorry! I unintentionally posted anonymously in the previous comment.