 |
| Samara and her crew. |
 |
| Righteous, Nevaeh, and Charis is with their crew. |
Last week the 4 Witt girls went to camp with Holland Baptist Church. The older 3 went to Ashville, North Carolina. Samara went to Lynchburg Virginia. This was our first time to send our girls away from us. Jason and I took advantage of this time and traveled to the Outerbanks in North Carolina to be by the Ocean. Now our family is back together and listening to all the stories from their week away at camp. I asked the girls to write down a little something about their camp experience. Here is what they have to say-
Samara's thoughts:
Camp. Was. Awesome. This was my first time to go to camp and I loved everything about it. I became best friend's with a girl named Sarah. We had all the crazy times together and did a lot of fun things. I met a lot of great people. My leaders were awesome.
Charis perspective:
Before we went to camp I was very nervous about being with people I didn't know. When I met my ministry group I was even more nervous because more than half of my group were Boys! When I got to get to know them better it was pretty great. Our group worked in children's ministry so we got to go out into the community and show the love of Jesus to the little kids. I think it's very important to show little children that they matter. I love playing with kids so I was totally in my comfort zone. My favorite part of camp was the worship time. The band was amazing. I was impacted to see all of us youth gathered for the same reason. We were there to lift up our voices to God. This was a once in a lifetime experience and I'm so glad we were able to go with Holland Baptist church.
Hear from Nevaeh:
I am a very social person. Those of you who have met me know that. So when I heard I was going to be working on the one sight that did not involve any people you can imagine my disappointment. But I had the chance to get close to the people working alongside of me. The first night some Holland youth and I got to our Bible study group and let me tell you it was rough. Everyone was introverts! The first two days were hard,and I realized God was teaching me a life lesson. In life you won't always get to decide who you interact with, but you can choose what your gonna do in those hard situations. I was sitting down for dinner with the hbc youth when a man from my group approached me and asked if I'd want to speak about being an m.k (missionary kid) and I was hesitant at first, but in the end I said yes. Now don't take me wrong I'll never pass up a good opportunity to talk but in my mind I didn't wanna make everyone in my Bible study group listen to something they didn't even care about. Through talking a few people came and talked to me and encouraged me. I felt so loved. God doesn't always put you were you want to go but where you need to.
Righteous processing:
I loved camp and I really felt the Lord speaking to me! One thing I felt him speaking to me very strongly about was that the way I view myself is not the way the Lord sees me and that brings me so much peace. He loves me. He doesn't want me to dwell on how I could have done so much better than I did. He sees that I gave it my all. Another thing I was reminded this week is it is good to not be comfortable and when we are comfortable we don't always seek the Lord. When we aren't comfortable we are forced to be fully dependent on the lord and His timing. Camp was the start of goodbyes. I have bitter sweet feelings because I was so glad to have made new friends but also feeling like camp might be all that some of those friendships will ever be but I have hope that I will see many of these friends I have made in heaven!!!!
 |
| Samara and Sarah eating an icecream cone and the ice cream fell off so they put it back on by their hands. |
 |
| Nevaeh always wants to do physical labor in Kenya but often doesn't get a chance because it's not culturally appropriate. But she got to at camp. |
 |
| Talking to the hype man. |
 |
| One the team activities. |
 |
| Nevaeh was chosen as Hero of the day. |
 |
| Getting ready to go to worship. |
 |
| Waiting in line to go to the Red carpet. |
 |
| Posing with the cow at Chik fil A. |
 |
| The Red carpet event. |
 |
| Girls getting their hair done one morning. |
 |
| Samara made friends. |
 |
| Righteous with her roommates. |
1 comment:
Thank you all for writing. I really enjoy reading about your experiences!
Post a Comment