Thursday, July 24, 2025

So far in America

We arrived safe and sound in Minnesota a little over a week ago. I really hate flying (am scared of turbulence) and always say I never want to get on a plane ever again, after traveling, but for Jesus- I will do it again and again. 

I feel like we have done so much already. Girls attended youth group and while they were there Jason and I enjoyed just walking around grocery store( America is filled with such wonderful varieties). The Lord orchestrated us to bump into Laura Krause and she prayed for us and this upcoming transition for our family right there in the aisle of the grocery store. Girls had a sleepover and went to Valleyfair. Jason and I were able to walk around all 3 floors in the mall of America- a fancy Muslim clothing store stood out to me as well as hearing so many languages from different countries spoken all around me. We were able to attend church. We got to go paddleboarding at Bush Lake and had the pleasure of sharing meals with the Freemans, Halls, and Swans. 

The Germo family blessed us immensely by organizing a graduation party for Righteous. We are figuring around 120 people stopped by and we all had Bethany Church or Bethany International in common. I cannot begin to number all who have told me they would go visit Righteous in college or go pick her up to have her spend the weekend/holidays with them. These words are priceless to Jason and I. Our family wants Righteous to join us in Kenya for Christmas but she doesn't want to do that long trip alone, understandably so. If it is God's plan for her, I am already praying He will provide a traveling buddy for her- possibly a fellow Kenya missionary kid. Ethnos 360 Bible Institute (formerally New Tribes) has half or more of its students that were homeschooled and 1/3 of the students were missionary kids. I remain hopeful that as we get ready to say goodbye to Righteous, we will also be saying see you in 4 months.

Today we have left Minnesota and are making are way towards the East Coast to make some quick visits with our extended family. We are making a pit stop in Michigan to see Abdi and Laura and their 3 children- giving God all the praise they got their 2 visas to come to the States after a long time of patiently waiting. One thing we have noticed using Google maps is that it alerts us if there is a cop up ahead. We really like stopping at gas stations and are big fans of fast food. We are looking forward to these next few weeks. I want to close with a prayer from Proverbs 30:7-9

"Two things I ask of you, Lord; do not refuse me before I die: keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown You and say, 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God." In this land of more than enough we don't want to get caught up in materialism but stay content. Our lives are not about feeling comfortable but living for Him. Jesus has rescued us from sin and paved the way for us to join Him for eternity. For now God has brought us to Kenya to be witnesses to the Unreach there. Our prayers continue for the Lord to turn hearts of stone to hearts of flesh so they can repent and receive Jesus.


The first morning we joined a "kick off" meeting at the new Bethany office. (Photo credit for most of these is Dan Germo)

Me and the girls are battling jet lag and doing our best to stay awake.
The Germos decorated their home with pics of Righteous for her graduation party.
Jason with former interns from 2018, 2020, 2022, 2023
Pictures of Righteous growing up in Kenya for 18 years of her life.
My "little sis" from college days, and friends that have been so faithful throughout the past years. 
Some corn hole action. 
Sitting next to me on the left is a former intern who came in 2008, then returned a 2nd time as a mentor, and a third time for a year long commitment. On my right is former intern from 2018.
Julia took the Witt girls to ValleyFair (amusement park) for their first time. 
It was the perfect rainy day which meant no lines and they could go on all of the rides multiple times. 

2 comments:

Renee Stocks said...

May the Lord comfort & guide you all through this heart-wrenching transition, I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it is all going well.