 |
| Nevaeh translated in triage for 3 of the 4 days. What a blessing she is. We are starting to process that she will not be with next year because she will be in college. I am thankful for her being apart of our family, she is such a gem. |
Every February there is a team from Pennsylvania that comes and partners with global workers in this region to do medical camps along the Tana river. In many ways the villages we encounter seem desolate and hopeless. A lot of people came with open wounds and skin infections, there was urinalysis done and several cases of STDs, lots of Upper respiriatory infections and hyper tension. Over 2,000 medications were given out and we pray people will take the medicine correctly and be well. One discouraging story we ran into was a little girl with down syndrome who came with an open wound on her head. She had this same wound 2 years ago at the medical camp and it was a sad reality that it never healed. The nurses took time to clean it thoroughly and then mixed triple antibiotic ointment with other medicine and wrapped it up. There was news about a woman in the village who had a stroke and needed a catheter but she was unable to walk. Jason drove the 3 doctors to her hut and they were able to help her but said it was extremely challenging because of the FGM (female genital mutilation). I am not able to stomach these kind of situations so I stick to making crafts and coloring with the children. I admire doctors, nurses, lab technicians and pharmacists who sacrifice their time and use their giftings to bring hope and help. They are heros to me.
I am doing a Bible study with Allison Carr (friend in Virginia) and this week we were reading about God's name being the Hope of Israel- Miqweh Yirael. When I think about the rampant sicknesses that people face here it can be overwhelming. Lamentations 3:21-23 says, "Yet this I call you mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. " I have hope that there will be change for the better because of Jesus. We read in the Bible of all the miracles He has done and I believe He still does miracles today. As Ramadan begins in a few days join us in praying that Muslims around the world will have dreams and visions of Jesus and seek to find answers of truth. May they accept Jesus as Savior and their lives be transformed as a result. Thank you for your support for our family that allows us to live here. We are so grateful for you.
 |
| Amos and Steve taking turns doing registration. |
 |
| Used the parachute first thing in the morning before it got too hot. |
 |
| Made some paper fish and used the flannel graph to tell the story of Jonah. (In the Quran he is called Yunnis) |
 |
| Tarp provided shade to do crafts and activities with the children who came. |
 |
| At the end of the day we always debriefed and discussed what we could do better. |
2 comments:
Blessings to you as you serve Him!
Love, Chrissy
Post a Comment