The past few weeks I have been going through the different rooms in our home and sorting thru what we can sell, what to give to the thrift store, and what should be thrown away. It is crazy to think that in a few months we will taking what we need for 3 years in just 6 suitcases. Today I got rid of plates and bowls and it is funny how sad I got to see them go. I can remember the numerous amounts of meals these plates served there purpose well- holding food to satisfy my hunger and others that we shared dinner with on different occasions.
We have been getting rid of things a little at a time so that it wouldn't be so much to do last minute. This means little by little this stuff of mine that became a part of my home and the beginnings of my new family are becoming a distant memory. What I have to reminding myself that goodbyes are good because it means there will be a fresh new path of life where hellos will begin. Soon we will have another set of dishes and furniture that in time many meals will be served on and new friendships that we will have over to visit. Soon we will have these moving days behind us as we are breathing in Africa air.
2 comments:
*sniff* so sad already and a little jealous too but ultimately so happy for you and your family's 'new' adventure. I'm so excited to see how God will use and bless you and what He has in store for you in the next years to come. Haddie and I will have to come and visit, can't stay in this country much longer or I'll go insane! I can only imagine what it would be like to pack up/give everything away, refreshing and yet bittersweet. love ya girl, and thanks for the encouragement too! Don't forget to get that camera out and take pics of your cutie to post for all of us who'll miss out on seeing her for so long!
Hey Bekah
Caleb is fine thanks for praying. i have only seen about five of those target spots that are EM.Last time is was completly covered- and no blue scares either :-) ANd no we don't have to go to the hospital unless he turns blue and there is no sign of blood flowing through hisbaby toe :)
I feel for you having to already start saying goodbye. I am proud of you girl. Go my africa roomie :-0 Hows support raising?
Post a Comment