Monday, October 22, 2007
I have become Baptist
It is true, I became a member of Tucker Swamp Baptist church yesterday. Jason had asked if I would join two years ago and I had fought it since then. I feel many of my reasoning for not joining can be justified like I am of penacostal upbringing. Even though I don't have the gift of speaking in tongues I believe that it is used now a days and I very much desire to have this gift and ask for it often. I know that God has given me other distinct gifts such as encouragement and giving but I have always been facinated with this slightly controversial one but not for that reason. I think it is so beautiful how people can utter this unexplainable language that only God understands and then He gives the interpretation to someone else. Weird and perplexing? Absolutely, but at the same time beautiful. I often wonder if I could perhaps step out in faith and try it out. Am I worried what other people would think? In this Baptist church yes I am. I don't want to come across with any resentment towards baptist because there is so much God is doing everyday and bringing them more towards modern times. It is hard to do away with traditions. Baptist are very missions minded which is what Jesus was when He was here always traveling from place to place and reaching out to all different people. Our church is in the process of bringing the gospel to their neighbors every Sunday night in a 1 mile 2 mile 3 mile 4 mile 5 mile radius which is such a good and noble outreach. I finally realized that I was holding onto my pride and joining instead of being apart of a unperfect church (there is none that is perfect) that is doctrinal sound and trying to bring Christ love to the lost. That I do want to be apart of. It is not about me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So true, yet we often think it is...about us.
you are so cute. I'm proud of you for stepping out into something new:) The name of the church cracks me up!!!!!
Post a Comment