Sunday, February 3, 2008

Redneck Saturday

Our 65 degree Saturday began with going into the woods behind our house with my brother in law Jesse, sister in law Ashley, friend Jeremy, Jason, and of course Righteous. Jesse was holding a machete, Jeremy a chainsaw, and Jason a gun. We went deep enough into the woods to Jesse's clubhouse he made for all kinds of random things he has found over the years such as a pumkin sign and a lottery sign that Jason informed me he stole from a gas station during his "before Christ" adolecent days. Next we took turns shooting bottles that we stuck in this tree. I passed Righteous for someone to hold when it was my turn. She very much enjoyed the sound of the loud gun and was taking everything in. Suddenly we heard "Hey someone is back here" Yikes Jason took off back to our house with the gun and me with the baby. The guy told the rest of the crew that we were trespassing and they apologized- we really din't see any signs.
Back at the house the "men" cut down a tree with the chainsaw to collect wood. Oh when we were in the woods we found a metal barrol. We ended the day lighting the wood on fire in the barrol and sitting around it in lawn chairs. Today when I came home from church I found my relatives once again sitting around the warm barrol. Jesse was playing throw the hatchet at the tree. I must say I am not use to these redneck ways being from New York but it is refreshing to get out of the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you bekah mena witt. I am so glad I found your blogspot. I am reading every blog since last year. I love you and wonder what it would be like to live there with you guys?