Friday, February 15, 2008

Peace Corp workers get evacuated from Kenya

Ahh it has been over a week now that the American Peace Corp workers, as well as others from others countries, were evacuated from Kenya. You can imagine our families reaction once they heard this. It is so funny that after we hear the increasing death poll of Kenya and other Americans being forced to leave we continue to prepare and get more exciting everyday to return because each day does bring us closer to going. With all the political unrest and uncertainty the strong calling that God has placed on my life to go there has not wavered in the least. Jason even said the other day when questioned about still going "I am not worried about all the violence there because that is something that I cannot control, it is completely in God's hands. What I do worry about is, am I doing all I can to raise the support to get back to Kenya because that is something I have a part in". When I hear about all that is going on in Kenya my heart immediatly prays for the Christians that are getting torn from there homes and family members are dispaced from eachother. I do rest on Gods word in Psalm 34:7 "the angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him." and in Psalm 139"5 "You hem me in behind and before; you have laid your hand around me." God doesn't promise that we will never have to face dangerous times where we will always live in a peacful time with no wars. He does ensure that He is with us and is protecting us. I know He is now in the States and will go with me wherever I go.
On a different note. Our family is doing well. Jason and I celebrated Valentines day when he got off from work a little after 10:30pm- I just made him dinner from a Rachael Ray recipe called lover's nest and deep fried some bananas, coated them with sugar and served them with icecream. Righteous is growing up to be a prissy girl. How she walks and eats is just so delicate and ladylike that it will be humorous ro see her thrive in Africa. Righteous is in the 75% for height and in the 5% for weight. Lately we have been having some nice weather so we have gone to the Hilton hotel to look at all the boats, and just enjoyed being outside, I let her eat rocks but not swallow them. I am a little over 13 weeks pregnant and occasionally will unbutton the top button of my pants if ZI am wearing a long shirt. This pregnancy has been so nice and easy so far that I fell God has perhaps made me to be a baby machine!

1 comment:

Jennifer Hall said...

Oh man I am so glad you have decided that you are a baby machine because at least one of these pregnancies I NEED to be there for!

I will be praying for your family and for the situation in Kenya... crazy, I have always thought of Kenya as a mostly peaceful nation.

I know God has called you there, and that He will carry you and be your protection as you follow His voice.

All my love.