I wanted to show this picture of all the luggage we took with us which was 8 bags. Really that is not a lot in retrospect when you are trying to pack the next 3 years of your life in 8 bags, I don't know what I am going to need in the next few months let alone the next year. When we arrived in Nairobi airport absolutely NONE of our bags made it. This is due to one of our flights being completly cancelled and we changed to a different airline in London. Thankfully Jason and Righteous' luggage arrived the following day and mine five days later. Needless to say I wore Jason's shirts and boxers and the same black pants for a few days. Hakuna Shida- No problem!
Just a day after we arrived we attended the globeserve conference that took place here in Kenya this year. We got to see a lot of our friends and professors from college bc they came to attend this conference. There were delegates from 15 different countries that came to discuss the missionary training that was going on in their countries some which included Nigeria, Ethiopia, Brazil, Cambodia, and Indonesia. It was so encouraging to hear about all the victories they are having despite setbac
ks which mostly are with finances or lack of facilities.
We broke into different groups where we had questions we had to go through on how to make misions more profitable. Jason and I attended the East Africa group and enjoyed brainstorming together solutions for some problems that this side of the country is encountering.
No comments:
Post a Comment