I HAVE MAJOR CABIN FEVER because we have gotten so much rain these past 5 days. The reason I have titled this Shrek’s swamp is because every night when I am trying to go to sleep I hear all kinds of creatures croaking and singing the tunes you would hear in a swamp. We have a mini river that has taken the place of our road that was in front of our house making it impossible for us to leave in our car even though it has four wheel drive. The road is a dirt one so the mud makes everything sink right in. We have heard that there is major damage in a village next to us. As soon as we can drive our vehicle there will be plenty of relief work to assist because of the flooding. In our own home there was only one night that the roof leaked and got our hallway and living room wet, overall we haven’t had it bad at all. I am desperate to get out of my house and see what we can do to help. I only have my imagination right now of the need which I am thinking people might be stuck in their own homes without enough food, water, electricity.
I must make mention that the day after the US election here in Kenya it was declared a public holiday because Obama is sort of a Kenyan they think Kenya is now the 51st state and now they can go to America easily!!! They nicknamed it chapati day because that is his favorite Kenyan food. They have huge posters of him everywhere and everyone was so happy. They would ask how we felt about it and then we would have to explain to them his lack of moral values but they really don’t care. All they care about is that he is a Kenyan. So to speak.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about the rain. Here in New England we're probably only a few weeks away from our first snow. At least you won't have to worry about that!
As for Obama, he may not be pro-life, but I wouldn't say that he has a "lack of moral values". After all, he's not the one who started a war based on lies and is putting your own brother in harm's way. As far as I'm concerned, Bush represents a new low in morality, judgement and leadership. The only holiday for him will be the day he finally leaves office!
Post a Comment