I wanted to take the time to write a blog just about my girls. The Lord has been using them to touch other peoples lives and it is a beautiful thing to watch. Just last week a young Muslim girl delivered a baby girl prematurely and the baby passed away the next morning in the new mothers arms. One of the Interns and I went to bring our deepest sympathy to the family. Before we left I prayed about bringing Nevaeh with me. I didn’t want to stir up more sadness bringing my baby but I know both my kids enjoy being around people and apart of the Kenyan lifestyle. I had peace about bring Nevaeh so the three of us went together. When we arrived the mother began a mournful cry and wouldn’t let go of me and Emily. Finally she introduced herself to me and showed me a picture of her daughter she had taken with her phone. At that moment I wished I was fluent in Swahili in order to give her encouraging words to lift her spirit but even if I was better at the language the famous question – what do you say to someone who has lost a loved one? The mom hadn’t noticed Nevaeh until now and her face lighted up into a huge smile. Nevaeh would laugh at the silly faces the mom would make and I knew God was with us and filling the room with His love. Emily has been back to visit this Muslim girl and the girl said that American are better than Africans because they really love and care for one another. Emily had the courage to say it is not because we are Americans but because of Jesus and then the conversation was changed to something non-threatening. It is encouraging to know that no matter where you are or how old you are love can be given and felt.
All these pictures are just random funny ones of the girls. We wrapped Righty up to see what she would look like as a Muslim. The Muslim children start going to school at age 3 and that is when the small girls need to start covering their heads so Righty would still have a year. My mom sent Righteous underwear for whenever she starts getting potty trained. She is the one who insisted that everyone where it on their heads. I am glad she is getting warmed up to wearing it but it is going to have to go on another part of her body. Righteous loves to play with toilet paper and the first picture I took when I found her in the process was of her hiding behind the shower curtain in fear. The when she noticed I was laughing and not mad she got very proud of her achievement. There are days we are out about walking around town or going to the village. However in these pictures it is when we are at home and trying to be creative with new things to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment