Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spiritual tension is HIGH


Last week was full of all kinds of different things. On Wednesday night Rebekah has a discipleship meeting with one of the female interns we have so I usually try to get out of the house and Hang out with our guys interns. So I went to their house while I was there we went to the small shop near their house to get a coke. On the way there I got a text message from Laura another intern that there were some people outside the house making a lot of noise. (the shop I was going to was 20 yards from their house) So I went around the corner to find that some Muslim men had found a guy stealing a book from the mosque so they chased him and he ran into this dead end street. They had surrounded him and beat him with sticks( not big sticks more like a switch) In Islam they were punishing him for stealing. I found out they man was a former military officer that had been discharged because of mental health issues. So I asked can I get the police and of course the men didn't want me to get the police they said they will take care of it. I told them you have 10 minutes to get him out of here and then I will get the police. As soon as I said that the man (thief) caught a glimpse of me and started mumbling something about Osama( they call me that often nothing new) and threw dirt in my face. Of course then my instincts kick in I take the first aggressive step forward and draw the fist back for a split second I was really angry!! Then the Holy Spirit calmed me so quickly and said to me you don't operate like this anymore. The coolest part about this getting angry thing was that I realized I hadn't been angry in so long I had forgotten how it felt. I was so encouraged by this God really is working in my life YESSS!!! Then I told the man please just go home he tried to throw dirt again and missed then finally go up and ran out chasing all those men with the switches. The really sad part of this story is the next day that man was found hung and the case is under investigation. Please pray for his family as we have found he has left a family behind. We do not know what happend but the police are investigating. The principalities and dark powers are really active here at times it feels the spiritual tension is high right now.
Later on in the week our tractor here was about 30 miles out in the village ( 30 ,miles from paved road, eletricity, and running water) gathering building supplies for a school being built in a village and it got a flat REAR tire. Do you know how big a tractor tire is? Its big! So we loaded a air compressor, tools, the tire man from town and proceeded on our way to go and repair it. Seems simple enough we had to remove the tire 4 TIMES the puncture kept blowing the patch, it wasn't holding well enough to keep the pressure. Finally on the fourth time I looked at Jaco(mny co worker he is like a brother to me) and said we forgot to chase the demons! Then we stood the tire up and prayed in the name of Jesus against the demons and proceeded to put the tire on. Now the tractor was on a jack that was elevated by two concrete blocks. As we lifted it up and fit it on the lugs we both grabbed one lug nut and twisted it on maybe three turns a piece. All of the sudden the block( a solid concrete block) craked and collapsed the tractor falling to the ground. By the grace of God the two lugs were enough to hold the tire on so no one was injured. And the tire patch also held God is so good to us its just that we need to call on Him. So please as you read these stories don't worry about us just pray for us and the people of Northeastern Kenya!

2 comments:

Michael Osokin said...

" And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Rom. 8:28). God bless all of you ! Mike

Bonnie said...

May I add Romans 8:38 "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Knowing your needs really helps me to pray.