What is a leader? Jason and I have been taking an online course on Spiritual Leadership and we both have really enjoyed the class and have tried to implement the different aspects we have learned. My favorite definition of Spiritual Leadership was written by the Father and Son team (Henry and Richard Blackaby) which simply is:
“Spiritual leadership is moving people onto God’s agenda”. “True Spiritual Leadership is taking people from where they are to where God wants them to be.”
Here on the missionfield it is easy to have the mindset that I am here for those who don’t know Jesus. This is a true statement but that is not only my purpose. If I only devote all my time to the lost I am missing out on another area that is all throughout the Bible. There are members of the body of Christ that need strengthening and encouragement. My problem has been I have only been looking for a specific people to show God’s love when now my desire is to be more like Paul. “Paul’s versatility is apparent in the ease which he adapted to various audiences. Paul could address statesmen and soldiers, adults and children, kings and royal officials. He was at ease in debate with philosophers, theologians, and pagan idol worshippers.”
Within this past week I feel like the Lord has been telling me to specifically pray for the Christian women who live here in Garissa. One of my friends raised an interesting possibility of 1 Peter 3:7:
“Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.”
I have always heard the interpretation referring to the women being weaker because of physical matters in how she is made. My friend suggests that Satan can often attack the women because she is weaker in emotional matters. I am not saying that that is indeed the case but what I do know that Satan does attack the females here on the mission field. The two main tactics I see him using here is fear and making one feel inadequate. He can use fear in sickness or just while walking around in a male dominant society. As for inadequacy the women doesn’t have the confidence that God really has a divine purpose for her here in this place. Culturally it is not common to see women out and about. Many of the Muslim wives stay home to take care of their families and household so you won’t find them out in the market place or eating at the local tiny restaurants. The men have many more opportunities playing sports with the nationals, building and fixing different matters out in the villages and so on. Just because needs are more obvious to get involved with for the men does not mean this there is no purpose for a woman. It is only appropriate for women to talk to other women so if only missionary men came they would only being reaching half of the population.
The best example we have is Jesus. “Jesus did not develop a plan nor did he cast a vision. He sought his Father’s will”. A lot of times I want to plan out what I need to do throughout the week and come up with an organized program to explain the gospel or just build a relationship with someone. Looking at Jesus he communicated with His Father to seek what God’s plans were. This is my goal for myself and the women here. God what do you have for me?
3 comments:
I love the updates on your blog. It is such good information. We should always remember, whether we are thousands of miles away from home or in our home church, Encouragement is essential!
Hey, I mailed two envelopes to Righteous today. Muffin and I had wanted to send a box - she thought there was an inexpensive flat rate box but it was close to $100 to mail so that wasn't going to work. I was missing several books from last quarter so I didn't have extra. Anyway, I got this quarter's supplies and got June and July out to her! GIVE LOTS OF HUGS AND KISSES to sweet Righteous for me and Muffin! Hugs and Kisses to Nevaeh too!
Bonnie
" For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousnes and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. For he who in this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. " ( Rom. 14:17-18 ) God bless you ! My special greetings to Jaco and Heleen Lourens from Russia !
Jason and Rebekah - Praise Him
Thank you for lifting up the name of Jesus
Thank you for your service.
Saw your blog on Blogger under missionaries
and shared a little part of your world.
Seems you're having a blessed time
serving our Lord in Kenya Africa.
Lot's of challenges and adventures
I'm sure.
Adventure is a favorite word.
Websters - A Bold undertaking,
where hazards are to be encountered,
and the outcome is based on unforeseen events.
A unique experience in one's own personal history.
Often of a romantic nature.
Sounds like Jesus to me.
Missionaries and adventure.
Can you have one without the other.
Thought this complimentary
e-book and website
might be a benefit to you
and those you serve who
feel inadequate.
"The two main tactics I see him using here is
fear and making one feel inadequate."
God's Words of Comfort & Healing
The Book ✧ The Posters ✧ The Words
An Absolutely Free E-Book and Website.
A Totally Free Download At:
web.me.com/love101
Lots of 8x10 wall posters
proclaiming The Word of God.
Great for decorating kids rooms
and hospital rooms
and class rooms
and clinic walls
and...
Two Free E-Books and stuff about Jesus
collected over the years.
If you read "Love is Rising" in
God's Words of Comfort & Healing
let me know what you think.
a
It's for folks dealing with a broken heart
and feeling inadequate.
And sickness and dis...ease
caused by a broken heart.
They're not able to love and accept themselves
as Christ loves and accepts them.
Most think that they have to be both
The Potter and the clay.
Thanks.
Be blessed and be a blessing.
A. Amos Love - Love101faith@me.com
Post a Comment