Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Living Physically and Spiritually

I know it may seem gruesome that I have so many pictures of us slaughtering animals and thought much of the same in the beginning months of us being here. I have recently looked at it in a whole different way. For one we in order for us to eat meat here this is what we have to do. There is a local butchery where they have a big chunk of meat hanging on a hook in the window which is not refrigerated and located right in the sun. It is a more sanitary when we slaughter animals ourselves. I remember the time when I had the option to go to a grocery store and purchase meat already portioned out and all organs removed along with feathers or fur etc. This seems so long ago even though it is just nearly one year!
Another way God has showed me to look at this process is this is what the Israelites had to do to repent of their sins and be holy before God. They would have to bring the very best animal to lay down on the alter. It is only by the shedding of blood that we are clean. Here in Kenya I can see the visible picture and it is not a pretty sight. Jason's clothes are filthy at the end of it all ans we usually just do one animal at a time. I cannot imagine what the priest went through in Biblical times. Here I can also see how Jesus blood has power in this place. When I verbally thank Him for His blood He shed and ask forgivness there is such a secure feeling that takes place. Not only do we shed blood to be able to eat and live but also because of Jesus blood I will live eternally and I am here living in Kenya right now.
"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man, shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man." (Genesis 9:6)
"The blood will by a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the BLOOD, I WILL PASS OVER YOU. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt. (Exodus 12:13)
For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the alter; It is the BLOOD that makes ATONEMENT FOR ONE"S LIFE. (Leviticus 17:11)
In Him we have REDEMPTION THROUGH HIS BLOOD, the forgiveness of sins, in accordancce with the riches of God's grace. ( Ephesians 1:7)
But if we walk with in the light , as He is in the light, we have felllowship with one another, and the BLOOD of Jesus, His Son, PURIFIES us from all sin. (1John 1:7)


More and more I see that Righteous fits right in. I was telling my dad the other day that she has white babydolls but the one she chooses to play with is the black babydoll. She has seen a countless number of animal slaughtering and is able to befriend the animal when it is alive and we are feeding it everyday but is also able to seperate from the animal when it is time to turn it into a meal. One thing that I was realizing could be a problem when we visit the states. Jason is allergic to cats and therefore has never really liked them. Here there are no pet cats, just wild ones her are always on the look out for scraps of food so when Jason is chopping up meat he picks up stones to throw it at the cats so they will go away. Righteous just associates cats with rocks and will bring Jason one if there is one in are yard. I will have to explain that we only do this here at home not when we return to America because cats are precious to people there.
Here is me with the hot sun beating down on me. How I love to be out and about meeting people. My prayer is that people will not only see my white skin and think I have a lot of money. God can use that for me to initially talk to people but my prayer is Jesus's holiness will stand out to others. I am different and and a new creation but not because of anything I have done, but because who He is.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

You have posted a powerful message! Thank you Bekah! and also thank you for the special mail you sent! I will use the bracelet to keep you all close in thought at all times! I have worn it everyday since I got it and I get to tell people where it came from. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason and Bekah,
This is Mar Bupp writing you! we moved back to Bethany half a year ago and i just found your website! You guys are the best! Your girls are beauties (we have two girls too). I enoy reading your blog and wanted to let you know that i believe that you will make a difference to the people around you!!
Love,
Mar Bupp

Anonymous said...

viagra covered by insurance viagra for sale without a prescription cheapest viagra get viagra buy viagra soft online get viagra viagra doseage viagra australia viagra uk cheap purchase buy viagra cialis cheapest place to buy viagra online viagra cheap mexican viagra cheap herbal viagra

Anonymous said...

For those who have infrequently utilized drain pipes in your home, you need to fill h2o into them on a regular basis. This normal water will fill up the capture and will avoid smells from entering your home. When you have slow surface drain pipes, you should snake these to guarantee they are capable of carrying normal water aside easily in case of a flood. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Biuyu656gy[/url]