Monday, July 6, 2009

We are all in Your Hands


For those of you who know me well I have two children girls but they are very adventurous Girls they love to jump, and play. I often throw them up in the air and balance them on my hands. They really enjoy it a lot. Other people become very afraid for them, but they feel safe and secure the trust me and have faith in me. They do not worry about falling because they have not fallen. This has given me such a good picture of what I desire my relationship to God to look like. God will not drop me. No matter what is going on around me I am in God’s hands and there is no better place to be. No safer place to be.
Life around us takes so many twists and turns there are not very many constants. I recently received news that some one very close to me was diagnosed with a deadly disease. I was shocked I didn’t know how to feel or react I still don’t. I felt this wave of emotions sadness, anger, confusion etc… They seem to all loop together over and over I am still not sure how I am supposed to feel. I live and work among so many people here in Garissa that are also dying of many different diseases. Malaria, Typhoid, Cholera, HIV, Hepatitis etc… though the person with this one is 8000 plus miles away it wounds me far deeper. Than the ones right at my doorstep. I am not sure this is ok I want my heart o break for all God’s children equally. I want to feel with the heart of God. I understand that is big, but so is HE!
In a world where there are no constants but Him, I am so thankful that He never changes He is always good, right and loving. He always cares for His children regardless of their circumstances. A very popular worship song by Chris Tomlin says
Great is Your faithfulness great is Your faithfulness
You never change You never fail oh God
Wide is Your love and grace wide is Your love and grace
You never change You never fail oh God

So we raise up Holy hands to praise the Holy One who was and is and is to come x2
You were and you are you will always be

In a world full of uncertainty He is a certainty. In a world with no constants He is a constant. In a world full of hopelessness He is hope. In a world full of hate, death, destruction He is love! Regardless of situation or circumstance He loves us.

Jesus thank You for being or constant, our hope and for loving us. Thanks for always holding us in your hands guiding us through life. We acknowledge you as Father God who is in control fully and who knows what is best for us. Lord we love You and give you control total control.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

So beautifully put, Jason! Hey, I mailed little miss Righteous a couple of envelopes and I am curious as to how long it takes to get to you...IF you think to and IF it is not too much trouble, drop me an email when you get them... I am mostly just curious how long it takes to get an envelope over there. LOVE to you all, Bonnie (sdetar@juno.com)