Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gratefulness

"Here are the two guides which I promised," said the Shepherd quietly, "from now on until you are over the steep and difficult places, they will be your companions and helpers. This one is named Sorrow and the other is her twin sister, Suffering."

Poor Much-Afraid! Her cheeks blanched and she began to tremble from head to foot. She felt so like fainting that she clung to the Shepherd for support. "I can't go with them," she gasped. "I can't! I can't! O my Lord Shepherd, why do you do this to me? How can I travel in their company? It is more than I can bear. You tell me that the mountain way itself is so steep and difficult that I cannot climb it alone. Then why, oh why, must you make Sorrow and Suffering my companions? Couldn't you have given Joy and Peace to go with me, to strengthen me and encourage me and help me into the difficult way? I never thought you would do this to me!" And she burst into tears.

A strange look passed over the Shepherd's face as he listened to this outburst, then looking at the veiled twin sisters as he spoke, he answered very gently. "Joy and Peace. Are those companions you would choose for yourself? You remember your promise, to accept the helpers that I would give, because you believed that I would choose the very best possible guides for you"

After last weeks scare with Righteous I have found myself thanking Jesus throughout the day for life. As I read the above passage I know I am so like Much- Afraid. I often prefer to always have Joy and Peace as my companions. When there are times that Sorrow and Suffering come, it is hard to see past the circumstance in front of you and see that Jesus is their in the midst. He has us endure hardships and close calls always to lead us closer to Him and grow stronger in our faith.
Last week I was feeling a little cabin fever, I have been in the process of potty training Righteous and it is going well as she puts stickers up on the chart for success in the peepee department. Still no exciting news for the #2's and because of that the days can seem long and mundane with those accidents. Then one day I was abiding in the house a muslim girl came to visit. She came to tell me that she fainted in the market. SHe went to the doctor and he gave her 3 different kinds of medicine and told her to no longer fast even though it is Ramadan. She was still in pain and not feeling so well but I fed her and we began to talk. I told her about Righteous drinking turpentine and Jesus saving her completly and there being absolutlely no sign of it ever happening. Yesterday this girl came to our prayer meeting and asked for healing. I am grateful for many things but right now I am to be a stay at mom helping my daughter be potty trained. I am grateful that it enables be to be home to be ready to speak God's truth for visitors that come to my door. I am grateful for life.









No comments: