Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shoo fly don't bother me!







We had some heavy rain 2 weeks ago where in some parts there was about 2 feet of flooding. The tall wall at the boys house completely came down. When such flooding happens many people's pit latrines overflow making the surroundings quite unsanitary as well as all the animal droppings now floating on top of the water in which people are walking in. Last week I went to the clinic with one of my neighbors and was amazed at the amount of people lined up to get injections. I was having major cabin fever at times but blessed we had the students over one night to spend the night and play games. One yucky part of rain is all the bugs it brings. We made chocolate chip cookies and termites got into the dough. One morning as Righteous was holding her blanket Jason had to quickly snatch it away because there was a big black spider on it. Since that occasion we have had to kill 3 others like that one. Last but not least the rains have brought many aggravating flies. For a good hour or so everyday we all take time out to fly swat as many as we can. The kids find it to be a fun game to play. Even though we kill them they still keep coming back. I hope this fly season will soon be over.

3 comments:

Heather said...

We are having a little bug problem in our apartment, and it drives me NUTS! You have my total sympathy about bugs! :) hee hee hee

Cari said...

I totally get the bug thing - yuck. I have already spotted one big spider here this summer, and I am sure there will be more. Your title made me laugh because that is the song my MIL sings to the kids often because my miss girly girl is scared of even the littlest fly! The worse part about the bugs is getting up at night with a baby. I am always wondering what icky thing is leering in the shadows! But isn´t the rain nice in the heat?
Love you roomie!

Becca said...

Wow! I'm so sorry about all that extra stuff in your life! We had a huge storm here the other day (three tornado's) All bugs came inside. We had roaches, HUGE water bugs, fire ants, another type of ant, I killed a big red spider. All that and I'm not even out of the country! So I'll def. keep it in prayer. Our old apartment was built on swamp like land that breed misquotes and fly's. All summer we put up a fly strip every other day and it would fill up! We would do the same with the fly swatters. Jacob and Moira loved the "game" I hated it. Couldn't leave any food anywhere, not even crumbs! I'm sorry your stir crazy I know that feeling. Love ya and praying! (Thanks for all the blessings and prayers you've given our family.)