"...they were at their wits' end. Then they cried out to the Lord in their troubles, and He brought them out of their distress. He turned the desert into pools of water and the parched ground into flowing springs." Psalm 107:27b-28,35
Friday, October 23, 2009
Jason's G-MA gave Righteous a book last Christmas that makes a story out of Zachariah 3:1-5 "Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him. The Lord said to Satan "The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?" Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you." Then I said, "Put a clean turban on his head". So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the Lord stood by. Each of the kids took turns going outside to put dirt from the ground onto there pictures. I explained that the dirt on the clothes represents "dirt" on our hearts from the sin we have. Their teacher asked to borrow the book from me so she could really emphasize that we all have sin and there is nothing we can do ourselves to get rid of it. This goes against everything their parents say and how adults interact with children. I have had lots of people tell me not to spank my children simply because "They are just kids". My housegirl gets worried about what our neighbors will think if they hear Righteous crying. I reassure her "it is okay for kids to cry when disciplined- and further more it is okay for kids to get disciplined even biblical". Lastly I had the students dress a man with a beautiful clean coat with glitter crayons and sparkly stickers. Their faces were so smiley. The last time I came to this class I taught them a song about God being the Shepherd and then we did an art project with cotton balls on sheep. All of their sheep were all over the walls and the first thing they did when I entered was sing that song to me. It makes my heart tremendously satisfied to know nothing is ever a waste- when you take a few minute out of a day and spend time with children the conversation that takes place is long lasting and not forgotten. I sometimes feel guilty that I cannot spend more time every day out of the week investing into people but the Lord is clearly telling me that is not the case. How I think should be done the proper way in order for "success" to happen is not how God works- thank goodness. Here is our second dog, Aquiles. Now they have each other to go exploring, howl at every call to prayer, and protect us from many a small animal that enters our compound. Just the other night they had something stuck up in the tree that looked similar to a cat but had a white striped tail. The dogs are doing well with the kids- when Jason was training Aqulies not to be so hyper around them he would pee all the time. I definitely feel even safer now.
No comments:
Post a Comment