Sunday, November 8, 2009

Challenges- up for it with Jesus only!

So, I am pregnant and my hormones are out of whack so little things that are a common African occurance are driving me crazy lately. I already mentioned about the flies. We always lose electricity everyday but as of late it has been extra bad. We now will lose it for 24 hours at a time. This would be somewhat manageable if it wasn't getting hotter everyday. We have had it several times reach 113 which is just not fair- not when there is no electricity to sit under a fan. Besides all this I have been craving American food like nobody's business and there is no where to find that here. What I would give for chipotle or subway. I was telling Jason that despite these challenges what I am realizing that God still deserves my utmost devotion, my surrender and all the rights that I think I'm due. Above all else he deserves my praise. I have been remembering all my childhood songs I learned in Sunday School and teaching my kids them. Righteous likes "this little light of my mine" and "I've got the joy, joy, joy,joy down in my heart". I am sad that they will not grow up in Sunday School being around other christian children but hey they have each other which I am indeed blessed. Righteous always points out the many mosques we have around us. I am excited for when she will understand about muslims and that we are to show them Jesus' love and be ready to tell what He has done for us. I can already tell she will be bold. God has been good to us. He continues to protect us against malaria. I ask that you will pray for me that I will not get malaria at all during my pregnancy. God is so faithful.
I have finally finished "Hinds Feet on High Places". One of many favorite passages: "She began to understand quite clearly that truth cannot be understood from books alone or by any written words, but only by personal growth and development in understanding, and that things written even in the Book of Books can be astonishingly misunderstood while one still lives on the low levels of spiritual experience and on the wrong side of the grave of the mountains."


3 comments:

Becca said...

eeee!! Your pregnant! Congratulations! I'll add you and the baby to the top prayer list. Could you say (or guess) how far? I'm sorry it's so rough right now. I'll be praying for extra strength. Love you!!

extraspecialbitter said...

at least Righteous' cell phone seems to be working...

Josh and Ashlee said...

Thanks for posting! You guys are such an encouragement.