"...they were at their wits' end. Then they cried out to the Lord in their troubles, and He brought them out of their distress. He turned the desert into pools of water and the parched ground into flowing springs." Psalm 107:27b-28,35
Thursday, November 12, 2009
The 3 wise men
It is so unreal to me that we have Tim Freeman (he has been a father figure to Jason and I when we were in college and even after) Mike Neter (he and his wife were one of my supporters when I was on my internship to Kenya and got a heart for these people), and Matt Hedrick (what the Pastor of Bethany Church is staying at my house in Africa that is so cool!) Jas was joking that since they arrived we have had electricity for 24 hours straight and for long periods of time so we cannot have them leave. Yesterday the 3 of them got to talk to the interns here and it really got us all excited to see what God is doing to connect the church in Minneapolis that teaches many somali's english as a way of building relationships and the town we live in here. God is doing things all over the world and as always it is humbling to be apart of it. Matt really brought something to my attention when he talked about the different seasons of life. We all get the growing seasons when God is speaking a lot and giving us visions. We read about Joseph who had dreams that he would be a leader. Right after those wonderful dreams he got sold by his brothers and ended up in prision. That defiently didnt seem like what God foretold about his life was coming true. While Joseph was in prision, Matt explained he was in a different season where it was of character building. Oh how when we are in that stage of life we long to get back onto the track of the exciting visions and dreams. Character building is so necessary even when it causes you to as the questions "Did I really hear God's voice before". This message was so perfect timing for me to hear. Matt Slaughtering his first chicken. Mike was able to buy camel milk and said the first sip was a little tough to get down but if you just continue to drink you get use to it. I was trying to have him descibe the taste but he said it has a much stronger kick to it than cow milk. We made sure to boil it before intake and there is so much fat in it because we have had to clean off the top skin several times. I am told that when nomads drink camel milk it gives them the strength and endurance to be able to walk the many kilometers in the hot sun. This is some nutritious milk!
Fun stuff!!! I saw Mike randomly in Nairobi (he came to our office for a meeting and I saw him through the window (he'd come with some friends of ours)). I knew I knew him but couldn't place it at first. But I put it together! so random! Miss you guys- let me know when you'll be in town next! Say hi to the interns for me!
1 comment:
Fun stuff!!! I saw Mike randomly in Nairobi (he came to our office for a meeting and I saw him through the window (he'd come with some friends of ours)). I knew I knew him but couldn't place it at first. But I put it together! so random! Miss you guys- let me know when you'll be in town next! Say hi to the interns for me!
Post a Comment