Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hat party

Righteous turned 3 December 4th! I have been talking and "preparing" her for her birthday for a little while now because I have explained she will be throwing away her pacifier and then getting presents. Whenever people asked about her birthday coming up she would tell them that- in that exact order. Somehow she also started telling people we will be making hats so I decided yes indeed we shall do that. Thank you so much Tucker Swamp Baptist Church Team Kids who sent us a a package filled with arts and craft items. I was able to use them for the missionaries who came to her party and it turned out so wonderfully. There is still many things left over and I look forward to using them with other children- whether in schools or just in my neighborhood. It is very difficult to find anything here for children to work out their artistic skills so it has been a blessing whenever someone send coloring books, watercolors, and construction paper. (Thanks Mom, Dad, and Jessica!)




We had several things on the menu for the party including samosa, chili quesallias made from scratch, veggies+chips and dip, and a chocolate chip cookie cake with a #3 candle on top thanks to my friend Rachel in Nicaragua. Righteous has now gone two naps and one night sleeping without the pacifier and let me tell you the first time it took her an hour long of screaming at the top of her lungs. The following 2 times got shorter and shorter with the screaming that I know soon it will be no more. She also has successfully gone poop in the potty a handful of times and it brings me great joy that she is truly growing up. She is the question asking stage that I am always having to answer to "Mom, what are you doing, where are you going, what is that?" and very often my answer is "I am just sitting down, I am going to the bathroom, that is a bug, a piece of food, bird singing, etc" My sister just introduced me to Sesame Street clips on Youtube and she requests to listen to the Elmo Song, and C is for cookie many times throughout the day including now as I am writing this. She is a very beautiful child and I praise God for her. My prayer is that she will be used to tell other children and adults about Jesus simply because they are instantly drawn to her as being a white girl. I want her to be grounded in the word of God so that in the generations to come she will be able to tell them about God's promises that have never changed and His covenant that has been established with His people. I know a lot of this resposibility comes from me teaching and training her. I have been praying that I will not fail when she is disobediant and continue to discipline her even when it is stretching me due to other people watching me or just giving in will be a quick solution. Looking to what the future can hold for her life I take the challenge very seriously. Who I am today is significantly because my parents brought me up learning and knowing about Jesus and I want the same for my kids.

1 comment:

extraspecialbitter said...

I love the matching dresses!