Last Week we had an abnormally amount of rain for this time of year. I had driven into town with some of the interns to do the normal errands such as atm run, and a visit to the clinic for an intern when all of a sudden terrestrial downpour! Not Normal!
It was difficult to see but rolling down the windows the drain ditches on either side of the road were filling up with water fast. I wasn't able to head back to home right away because we were waiting for the results for the medical test. By the time we were leaving and I turned down the road there was barely any sight of the road but a small island where some patches of dirt were visible. As one might have guessed I got stuck and tried to restart my car and by doing this I now have learned water immediatly gets sucked up through the exhaust causing all kinds of problems to the engine and the electrical system of the car. I called Jason to come and rescue us and in no time he was pushing us out of the now river- before road. Melissa opened up her door and we saw that the water was up to the door level- shown in the picture. Just a few minutes later there was water in my car at our feet and slowly rising. Jason was able to push us up to higher land and was not happy camper. The next few days we found out all the damage and cost to fix it(it just kept adding up almost 600 USD). For this past week I have been getting a good amount of exercise walking which is good for the pregnancy. I am asking if anyone would pray about helping us out by donating some money to fix my car any amount is welcomed. Thank You!
3 comments:
This looks like a big mess. We have sent $200.00 to help with repairs. Give Heath a big hug for us.
Hey Witts-
It's pouring a lot here in Trinidad too...This is crazy for us this time of the year as we have two seasons (wet and dry) and right now we're "supposed" to be in the dry! I'm assuming the weather is crazy for us too because you guys are having so much rain. If you look on the map trinidad is one straight line to Africa.We usually get a lot of Saharan sand here too. It's really crazy. Plus I've been seeing on the news TX got snow...can you believe?!! End times man, End times...LOL
Love you guys, Miss you tons.
Mwah :-)
pole sana ya gari yako! what is UP with this weather!!!! seriously!! I thought we had made it through the rainy season but its still raining!! Its making my Sat classes complicated- I thought I was done worrying that it would rain on us (since the class is outside) Oh well. We need the rain.
Post a Comment