"...they were at their wits' end. Then they cried out to the Lord in their troubles, and He brought them out of their distress. He turned the desert into pools of water and the parched ground into flowing springs." Psalm 107:27b-28,35
Friday, January 29, 2010
Sharing is Caring
It has been so awesome having Emily back. She was an intern on the first team that came to Kenya and right now we are on our third team. for the past few weeks Emily has been reconnecting with friends as well as adjusting to the difference of not being a student anymore. I got to go with her when we went to visit our friend Vicky and it was a very happy and tearful reunion. As soon as we drove into Vicky's village a bunch of kids came out of their homes in curiosity. They began to gather outside Vicky's door and all of a sudden- talkative Righteous becomes "shy". She wouldn't leave the doorstep but just stared at the kids that were laughing and trying to get her to come out and play with them
Their were some children that were equally shy as Righteous and a bit hesitant to come too close. Often times I realize the only way I can help Righteous to get be polite and go out to be with children is to lead by example. As soon as she sees that the situation is fun and she is only missing out she gets the courage to be friendly. I do have to defend her a bit. She is usually the first white child that the village kids have ever seen so they want to touch her skin and hair and it can be overwhelming and uncomfortable when it is many hands touching her. Some children that are just a few years older than her want to pick her up because she looks like a "dolly". Righteous was sucking on a huge lolipop when we arrived and the next thing I know she rushed back inside the house to get another huge lolipop to share with the kids. That one lolipop was passed around between ten kids and it made them very very happy.
1 comment:
Bekah! I got a blog, so now you can freely blog stalk me
Post a Comment