There are days when I am feeling low and I have to count the cost of following the Lord here. These days are not everyday or even every week but they do come. The one thing I can acknowledge is I don't fear man. I was reading Deuteronomy 3:22 "Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you". I thought it was such a cool powerful verse to try to picture in my head God Almighty fighting for me. Next it dawned on me that even though my area where I am living can be considered hostile I have never had that feeling and I know it is because of God and the prayers of His Saints.
What I do need to lay before the feet of Jesus is my wants. So often I have a complaint inside of me- "It is so hot and there is no AC, Oh how I wish I could drop my kids off at a relatives house for a few hours so I could go on a date with Jas to a restaurant that has the food I am craving", or even "Lord I am feeling dry and hungry for worship and the body of Christ in my western ways". I can so focused on myself that I forget what I am doing here. I am here to offer my life to Jesus in whatever way that means. If it is to pour into the Bethany interns, build relationships with those in need, or just invest into my kids and show them what a women of God is. I choose to give my whole life now and when it gets a little difficult.
4 comments:
Bekah your faith, perseverance, sweet spirit,and just the way Jesus shines through you inspires me and challenges me to become a better Christian. Thank you for letting God's love shine through you even when it gets hard. He sees your faithfulness and so do many people around you!!
Love you sweet friend. Love you so much.
I Love you Babe your are so amazing God is doing great big stuff in your life and you inspire me!
Love Jas
Bekah...
You are an AMAZING woman! I am so proud of you for all that you've accomplished thus far. You are on the mission field with young kids, that is by no means an easy task yet you manage to succeed in all that you do, many women might of given up by now but not you; you persevered and kept trotting on! You have an amazing heart Bekah, you are one of a kind, a warrior princess willing to stand and fight no matter what comes your way....my dear dear friend, always remember your reward is not in this life (even though God will continually bless you and your family in way you would not believe for your faithfulness)but that is only a tip of what he has for you! Keep pressing on woman of faith, you are doing what the father called you to do and you're doing an amazing job at it too! Everyday you rise out of your bed in Africa God smiles on you because he sees your faithfulness and dedication to his work and his calling and trust me Bekah....God does not forget his own! I love you honey, keep on doing what you were born to do...LOVE!
- Mara, I love you!
Post a Comment