So we now have 3 precious little girls. Charis (pronounced Karis) was early this morning at 4:35 am on May 30th in our bath tub. Yep in our bath tub crazy huh? Rebekah began having contractions at 9 last night but they were spread out and somewhat mild. They began to come on stronger at 3:00am and Rebekah woke me up to ask me to pray and ask others to pray as well. I went to the computer to send out the request for prayer when I returned I found Rebekah as already moved to the bath tub.
She felt that pressure on her pelvis to push and we argued about going to the hospital. On a side note- I had met an American Doctor that had just come into our town for a month to work at the hospital and we had hung out earlier this week. His name is James. And our family friend and boss was also in town staying with us this weekend. His name is Dan.
During the transitions from toilet to bathtub her water broke and she crowned immediately. So then I realized I have lost the hospital argument miserably. I woke Dan and asked him to pick James up from his hotel and bring him in case of any complications but this thing was going to happen. I called James and explained the situation to him he was so gracious and willing to come and assist us. He also gave me advice as I consulted him by phone because we both knew that this baby was coming out before he would arrive.
Before Dan even made it out of the driveway Charis was out in the world. Rebekah pushed once and the head was out. I cleared the airway to make sure Charis could breathe and we waited until the next contraction. When it came she pushed again and I maneuvered the shoulders out there she was 4 weeks early completely natural completely beautiful and perfect. The next contraction came the placenta in tact without any complication.
Then we waited for Dan and James to pass the hospital to pick a clamp and sterile blade for cutting the cord. Which he also walked me through doing but this part in person James came and examined baby and mom. He they look great and all is well. How amazing is that man God is good to us! Man I am so blessed to be a child of the King!
1John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called the children of God! And that is what we are!
14 comments:
Congratulations Witts!!! You guys are rock stars! Although I'm selfishly sad that you won't be in Town for her birth like you had planned- I was looking forward to seeing you guys! You guys are amazing! Praise the Lord for healthy and safe birth! Can't wait to meet the newest Witt next time you are all in Town!
Yay!!!! So exciting!!!! It's so awesome to see how God took care of the situation!!!! Miss you all a lot and love you tons!!!!
Absolutely amazing. I can't believe Bekah was up and about so quickly. So happy for you guys!
Wow! Praise the Lord and congrats! What an amazing experience! Miss you guys!
wow! what a story! Brice said, "great work Jason!" and i say," wow, Bekah, you are amazing!" we are due with our 5th in 5 weeks. i don't really want to deliver in the hospital here (SE Asia), so maybe we will try this method out.
blessings,
the musgrave's
You guys are amazing! Bekah, if only I were as tough as you. Congratulations on another sweet addition!
Wow! Congrats! So glad your new little bundle arrived safely! I have 18 weeks to go before our next girl arrives!
Just caught up on all your blogs. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us see into your lives and hearts. Well!! So much for my prayers that you would have a tranquil delivery!!! You are all on my mind daily, and I lift you up in prayer regularly.
Bekah, your solid, simple faith is so radiant and enticing to me . . . .
Love, Renee Stocks
Wow! Jason, I bet you were cool as a cucumber, and we already knew Bekah was amazing!! How did you girls take it, waking up to a new sister coming so much earlier than expected?
Wow, truly amazing, way to go Bekah and Jason!!!!! God is good!
-Beka
congratulations to all of you! you are amazing and truly blessed. enjoy baby charis. =)
Hey Bekah and Jason....
What an amazing story....I am so proud of you Bekah....you are truly a cut about the rest! Jason, great going, she could not have done it without you....
So happy everyone is healthy with no complications!! Praise God!
Thinking of you guys always...
Xoxo....Mara
I'm thankful you all are okay! Our God supplied all your needs, didn't He? :-)
Such a blessing.
Leah in AR
(Ashley's mom)
Post a Comment