
I have written several times that I go crazy when I am stuck in my house for more than a day. I enjoy being around people and I enjoy just going out and doing things... anything! For the past week or two I have been getting some strong braxton and hicks contractions- some painful. This can prevent me from being able to be as active as I would like but has given me time to search God's word as well as dive into some godly books that I have wanted to study for awhile but my business pushes them aside. My heart feels full of God's love and knowledge right now and it simply came from me "being stuck" at home and having time to spend before Jesus. I always try to write down quotes that I like from the books I read so I wanted to share them with you too!
" The cry of God's heart is 'Why won't you choose me?'
'You will find me,' says the Lord, 'When you seek me with all your heart'
(Jeremiah 29:13)
In other words, 'Look for me, pursue me- I want you to pursue me'
Amazing. As Tozer says, 'God waits to be wanted." (Captivating, Elderage)

"When we arrive at the end of our own strength it is not defeat, but the start of tapping into God's boundless resources."
(The Heavenly Man)
It never ceases to surprise me how much Jason is able to build with the limited resources we have here and do. In these past two years he has built basket ball hoops for a school, put up soccor goals in a village, organized several medical clinics, built over 50 desks, chalk boards, made probably a hundred meals for people- which includes slaughtering many animals, started digging thw foundation for a medical clinic and a school, painting projects, drove out to the bush to gather firewood several times, transported people to the hospital any hour of the day, fixed countless amount of household problems amongst the now 3, once 4 houses we are responsible for ( I am including the Bethany interns houses). There is more he has done that I just cannot think of right now but all that to say God has enabled him to do so much, it is his great gift God has given him. The most important thing to recognize it that it is God who gives us these abilities, not ourselves. Jason recognizes this and that has me admire him even more.

"The Lord God jealously desires us for Himself. He is the lover of our souls. If we ever put anything before our relationship with Jesus- even or work for Jesus- then we will be ensnared."
(The Heavenly Man)

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness"
Colossians 2:6-7
We recently went to have a picnic with the Bethany interns at the giraffe reserve. It is so peaceful out there in the middle of nowhere. We were able to enjoy the African sunset and then the African sky which just seems so much bigger than anywhere else because there is absolutely nothing blocking its view. I always feel so much closer to God out in nature and it is so easy to have words of praise and thankfulness to Him- there are no distractions.

"Don't pray for the persecution to stop! We shouldn't pray for a lighter load to carry, but a stronger back to endure! Then the world will see that God is with us, empowering us to live in a way that reflects His love and power."
(Heavenly Man) When people will ask me how I am doing here and if I like it- to be honest this place is hard and there are many things that I do not like. One thing I know for sure is this is my home because God has called me here and also I have never felt closer to God. I need Him several times a day I just have that as a prayer to Him, "Lord I need you". As I mentioned earlier I have been having contractions and right now there is no OBGYN in out area. I need Jesus- for if labor were to happen- God (and only He) is in control. This is the case for SO many things that occur throughout the day. If someone were to provide a plane ticket for me to go to America to have the baby I would turn it down because though all this I am learning so much through this and I could not trade that.
1 comment:
AMEN bekah...amen.
just a note to let you know we are thinking of you.
God Bless!
Post a Comment