Thursday, September 23, 2010

Safest place= In God's Will







The interns recently had 2 weeks of vacation in which 2 girls went to France and the rest went to the States, except for Tim. (Tim had already gone to the States for his brother's wedding, so we had a wonderful time being with him.) We recieved many goodies from the returning inerns including new clothing for me and the girls. (Truely exciting since all ours are hand washed and dried outside making them stretch and get sun bleached after time) as well as a battery operated swing for fussy baby Charis! Thank you so much for the gifts! We got to go on a picnic in the giraffe reserve the day after they got back and I love to listen what they did during their break. One of my first questions is what was the major differences they noticed now that this has been their home for the past 8 months. Most said they noticed how clean the streets and places they went were. I know many had time to reflect on their time and get a new perspective of what they want to focus on the rest of the time they have. If I get out a piece of paper and make a list of what needs to be done to make the town better i could probably write out a book. More importantly though, I need to seek God and find out what He desires for me to invest my time and resources in.
It is easy for a parent to worry about their child's safety. Kenya recently had a day to vote on the New referendum (Constitution) and we just sit back and wait to see if anything happens as a result. Everything remained peaceful and carried on the same as normal. My mom was very concerned for us and called me to make sure we were okay. I know she will always be praying and worrying about me because of her great love for me. No matter what happens here on the mission field I am confident that I am in God's will. There is no other place I would rather be (even the beautiful beaches of Hawaii or at the heights of Mount Everest) than right where God wants me. Is it always fun, easy, enjoyable, free from problems, comfortable- NO WAY! "To obey is better than sacrifice" it is our command and duty.

1 comment:

Billy Edwin said...

Hey Bro, I like all your posting and yeah, it is true. This what I will describe it as " there is no other joy than to sing Bwana Asifiwe" miss all those sounds of praise in the land of thorns.