Saturday, November 13, 2010

World through her eyes

Righteous often asks to use our camera to take pictures. This camera can not only take pictures underwater but also is shock resistant so we allow Righteous to use it under our supervision. I am amazed that she knows how to turn it around and take pictures of herself with someone next to her. She loves to take pictures of children and then turns it so that they can look at themselves which usually brings a loud shout of excitement or an "Allah" out of surprise. When she grows tired of taking pictures I get so much entertainment out of looking through what she had captured. I like to see what she notices in a room full of people what stands out to her in order for to take interest in it. She is at the age where she is very observant and is intently listening to every conversation around her even when you are thinking she is involved in doing something else. I realize everyday I am making some kind of impression on her. Oh how I pray she sees me as one who desperately wants to serve the Lord. Yes I make mistakes but with a repentant heart I return to follow the narrow path, knowing full well it leads to a life eternally guaranteed.


There was recently a conversation I had with someone that really made my emotions go crazy. This person advised me not to have any more children because if I did they might resent me for bringing them into this world. They asked "How would you feel if your child came to you and asked, "Mom why did you give birth to me, it would have been better if I was never born." Upon hearing this I could not even fathom this ever happening. My defenses were running strong. I replied that right now I am raising my children to know and love God. Jason and I sing worship songs and read the Bible with them every night. Several times throughout the week I do a Bible lesson with them as well as a craft to go with it so that they can remember easier with a visual image. With everything in me I want my children to be confident in the Lord and not worry about their status or what people may think and say to them. When I shared this, the person answered, "That may not be enough". It is true. I have no idea who they will grow up to be. I will do my best with the gifts God has given me. I will instruct them in the ways of the Bible and discipline them when they do something wrong. After that I trust that they are in the Lords hands. As I look upon my childhood, one might say I grew up in a broken home because my parents got divorced. There were times I got to see the struggles of finances not being able to pay for rent, or have money to buy clothes that fit, or have our home filled with furniture,toys,stuff that other homes had. I have no regrets and would not have changed anything if I were somehow able to go back in time and do so. With all the good and the bad I saw God at work in my life. He has made me the person i am today and continues to make me into the person I will be tomorrow.

4 comments:

Christy Duffy said...

The most important thing we can do for our children is to entrust them into the Lord's care. His best for them is *the* best!

We think of you often and are thankful for the impact your family had in our lives, even though we were only with you a short time.

Casey said...

I honestly cannot believe someone said that to you. They must have some hurts in their own life, maybe from their past :( My husband comes from a family of 7 children and they all love the Lord and are serving him! (the oldest is in his 30's and the youngest is in kindergarten). Danny loves the fact that he came from a big family and cherishes and respects his parents and all they did to raise him. You are doing am amazing job raising your children- I pray that comment doesn't discourage you in the least bit. May Father's approval be all that you seek in times of critical opinions of man. P.S. These pictures are absolutely priceless- I especially love the Bumbo shot :)

Clay in His Hands said...

Hey Bekah!
It is so good to read your blog and see all of the pictures of your family. I miss you all very much.

As far as what that person said... I could not disagree more. After spending a lot of time with your family it is so evident that the love of God is present in your home. You and Jason love your kids so much and are doing such a spectacular job of raising them and showing them the love of Jesus.
I love you and I am praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hallo im Flirt-Chat.


Der Flirt-Chat gibt dir eine Möglichkeit xat chat und natürlich vieles mehr,sicherlich auch erotische Rollenspiele
Hier im besten Flirt-Chat erwarten dich xat chat Flirt und Sextalk
Suchst du Flirt und Sextalk , mit Sicherheit bist du hier genau richtig.Ok,los gehts,auf was wartest du?
Live Dates erotik kontakt ,anmelden .
Suchst du jemand in Basel-Stadt, vieleicht von Stuttgart, oder de , oder aus Bern, oder Tulln? Mit Sicherheit kein Problem.!