Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Joy in the morning




These past two weeks were full of sickness for each one in the family. The nights were long. Many nights I prayed and sought comfort from God because fevers were not going down. I found hope in the scriptures. One that I would meditate on constantly "I Have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

While we were battling with sickness we didn't get to leave the house much. We read many books in bed. Towards the end of this I would plead with God saying, "I know you did not send us here to Africa so that we would be confined in our house. We need you to heal us so that we can be about Your business." This is now the second day that we are well. Yesterday Righteous and Nevaeh got to attend a local school they we now be attending 1 day a week in order to meet friends and learn Swahili. With each new day our strength is returning. Even in the midst of the sickness I found my heart leap with joy when the sun began to stretch across the sky in the mornings. Another night is gone and forgotten. A new day has begun

3 comments:

Esther said...

Y'all look so full of joy :) I'm glad everyone is well again. Love you all.

Bethany said...

You love that verse! I remember when you sang the song that goes with that scripture at the church in Troy and the pastor said, " Tell it, girl!"

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you guys are doing better now!! Love you.