Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just my kids

Where do I begin on what to say about my little girls. Righteous has been having a grateful attitude lately. Here in Kenya I have househelp, which is one of the best things I can ever imagine. It a lady who comes everyday, except Sundays, to clean our home ( like hand washing our clothes) in a way that is thorough and takes a short amount of time as suppose to me trying to it all myself. I should blog about her sometime but back to Righteous. When Irene (our housegirl) is dusting righteous room always is very appreciative and says, "Thank you so much Irene for making my room look so pretty!" Irene laughs so hard at the things she says. Righteous takes care of her younger sisters. I have seen her wiping Nevaeh's butt, wiping spit up from Charis's mouth, brings Charis toys when she begins to cry from boredom, picking a thorn out of Nevaeh's foot, and my informer (tattletale) if Nevaeh ever does something wrong. The most beautiful part for Righteous is she loves to pray for people when they are sick. When she hears me talking for a person who is sick she will go up to them and tell (not ask) them she is going to pray for them. Then she tells them to lie down( I have no idea where she gets that from) and will put her hand on them and talk to Jesus with the child- like faith that melts my heart.


Nevaeh most certainly is two. That means she can be plain naughty at times and will scream about anything and everything. When she gets punished in public, which is often, she gets embarrassed and will want me to hold her. She is very affectionate and loves to sit in anyone's lap. Nevaeh will copy whatever Righteous says so as Righteous gives me the play by play of what she did on her outing with daddy in town I will hear the details twice as Nevaeh repeats word for word what Righteous has just told me. Her speaking voice is squeaky and she still has a babyish accent so many people cannot understand what she is saying. She is completely potty trained during the day and is still getting a small piece of chocolate when she goes number 2 and this being Africa, she can do that 3-4 times a day. She cannot sit even 10 minutes to watch a movie, opposite of Righteous who could easily watch movies all day long if I let her. I like to watch how Nevaeh entertains herself from making "cakes" with the sand outside, giving her baby dolls shots to protect them from "laria" (malaria), and removing every single book from the book shelf to convince anybody she can to read her all of them.


Charis is teething. Enough said.
Up until just a few days ago Jason would tell me almost daily, that she was by far the most difficult child we have had. I agree she is more high maintence than Righteous and Nevaeh were at the same age. She loves to be held and when she is put down she does a high pitched scream that I think she learned from Nevaeh. In 12 days she will be 8 months old and I still cannot forget the wonder of how God brought her into this world in our home- the bathtub baby. There are some days that I cannot do much other than take care of my kids and pray that despite all my imperfections and mistakes that they will see my deepest desire is to wholeheartedly follow after Christ. Often I can see and hear the same things I say to Righteous, Righteous repeating to Nevaeh. This is humbling and drives me to want to always say things that are uplifting, loving, kind, and the Truth of God's word. My children make me want to be a better lover of Jesus and although it can be crazy at times I am need Jesus so desperately and that is the place I want to be at.

4 comments:

Kaitlin said...

I love this post and I love your family. You are amazing and I admire you so much. I remember holding baby Righteous at Bethany's wedding - she is a sweetie. I hope that I can meet all of your girls someday. You are an excellent mama!

Christy Duffy said...

Wonderful pictures! It's not hard to tell you love your family.

Casey said...

What a beautiful post! I'm sure your family really enjoys posts like this :) It's in these moments that we are reminded that all the hard work is paying off... being a mom is the hardest and most wonderful job in the universe. You are doing a fantastic job :)

Clay in His Hands said...

Bekah& Jason,

This post made me laugh so hard!!! Just all of the funny things I can picture the girls doing all too well lol. I miss you and your family. Hope you are doing well. God bless you

Love,
Becky

PS- Jason, I got a 4.0 first semester at Madison as painful as it is I am even more of a nerd now lol